1. The new American marriage — quality time with your spouse and your air turbo head massaging machines.
2. British folks trying out “foot tickling machines.” The purpose of which remains unclear other than sheer amusement and to say you tried it.
3. Pity those sea shoes never took off.
4. A snazzy product of Goodyear’s in the ’60s — illuminated tires.
5. The Cat-Mew Machine: a device that produces cat sounds, meant to keep away rodents.
6. A “road safety machine” to train motorcyclists. Otherwise known as your grandfather’s arcade game.
7. The first ever Walkman?
8. The original portable boombox was a beanbag with a transistor radio.
9. A prototype of the first computer mouse (wut?!), a creation by Douglas C. Engelbart.
10. Behold the microcar: great for small people and NYC parking, horrible in any other situation.
11. A hat with storage capabilities…because actually wearing a purse was passé?
12. A remote-controlled lawnmower. Kind of like a giant Roomba for the outdoors. Get a cat on that thing!
- Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany has for the first time said that she backs proposals for a partial ban on burqas.
- Mike Pence said the next attorney general will decide whether or not federal charges against Michael Slager will remain.
- The UK prison service is suppressing evidence of corruption among its guards which is fueling violence behind bars.
- Grammy nominations: Beyoncé has earned 9, including Album of the Year. Drake, Rihanna, and Kanye West each got 8 nods 💿🎶