1. In 1950, Lilly (only 21 at the time) eloped with Peter Pulitzer (whose grandfather was responsible for establishing the Pulitzer Prize). They settled in Palm Beach, Florida.
Above: A 1982 portrait of Lilly with her own fabric designs.
10. In fact, people called her The Queen of Prep.
And they’re unlikely to forget that.
Above: Lilly at her first store.
- The State Department has faulted Hillary Clinton for breaking email rules and failing to manage cybersecurity risks as Secretary of State.
- 11 states are suing the Obama administration for telling schools to let trans students use the bathroom of their choice.
- Protests outside a Donald Trump rally in New Mexico turned violent Tuesday night as demonstrators threw rocks and bottles at police officers.