1. In 1950, Lilly (only 21 at the time) eloped with Peter Pulitzer (whose grandfather was responsible for establishing the Pulitzer Prize). They settled in Palm Beach, Florida.
Above: A 1982 portrait of Lilly with her own fabric designs.
10. In fact, people called her The Queen of Prep.
And they’re unlikely to forget that.
Above: Lilly at her first store.
- U.S. foreign policy figures are raising concerns about a close Trump aide's ties to allies of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- UK elections: The Labour Party has dropped to third place in Scotland, but is doing better than expected at holding onto control of English councils 🇬🇧
- Three people were shot outside a mall in Bethesda, Maryland, according to Montgomery County police.