10 Simple Ways To Add Protein To Your Diet
Protein-rich foods are a great way to help you feel fuller for longer! Here are some tips on how to add more into your everyday meals.
1. Put an egg on it.
Because one large egg has about six grams of protein! Add a hard-boiled egg to your salad. Add an egg over easy to an Asian rice bowl. The possibilities are endless because they're a great addition to almost everything.
2. Instead of using iceberg lettuce in your salads, try kale!
3. Have you heard of quinoa? It's an awesome side for any meal.
One cup of quinoa has 8.14 grams of protein. And it's cholesterol-free. Nice!
5. Swap out sour cream for Greek yogurt for some protein goodness.
7. Chickpeas are your friends!
Add them to your salads. Roast them and eat them as a snack! Make hummus! At 12 grams of protein per cup, it's super easy to get more protein in every bite.
8. Your main dish isn't the only thing that can have lots of protein. How about your sides? In fact, how about rice and beans?
9. Spread peanut butter on anything you please.
Peanut butter is very portable, so it's super easy to snack on wherever you please. Two tablespoons has eight grams of protein...and that probably makes you want a peanut butter and jelly sandwich right now!