1. When looking for a new place, you get slightly overwhelmed but mostly excited about learning new neighborhoods.
2. And you start looking at all the new and interesting places you could call home.
3. Until you remember that money is a thing.
4. If you can't get out there before you actually move, you rely heavily on well-lit pictures and staged video tours.
5. And if you do go to check out places, you will be exhausted by the end of your trip.
6. Depending on where you're moving from/to, you will either brag to friends about how much less rent you'll be paying...
7. Or ask for them to buy your goodbye drinks since your new rent will leave you destitute.
8. But when casual acquaintances ask how much you'll be paying for your new place, you will be offended.
9. People may come out of the woodwork just to say goodbye.
10. You try to cram in anything you still haven't done in your current city.
11. But end up spending all your free time packing.
12. You will do a lot of arm measuring before finally sucking it up and getting a tape measure.
13. After comparing countless quotes from moving companies, rental services, and airlines, you will learn just how expensive moving can be.
14. And you will spend more money than anticipated on tape and packing materials.
15. You will be on the constant lookout for boxes and pallets of all shapes and sizes.
16. You cannot for the life of you decide what to throw away.
17. And you may even come across some forgotten mementos.
18. Moving furniture is actual hell on earth.
19. And if you're a book lover, you may have to trim down your library.
20. You will briefly contemplate becoming a monk and giving up all your worldly possessions.
21. And you realize how many fragile things you actually own.
22. Even if you're not a procrastinator, you will frustratingly end up packing a lot of things last minute.
23. Since you can't afford movers, you will suck up to friends and family, and maybe even strangers on the street.
24. But this means that something is inevitably going to break.
25. And you will ruin at least one of your outfits, either with ripped holes, sweat, blood, or tears.
26. Though you've told them 1000x you're really leaving, you will feel unbelievably lucky for the friends who don't want you to go.
27. When you're finally packed and out the door, it all becomes so real.
Here we go! We're going! It's happening!