1. Tim Allen started his career as a stand-up comedian.
He started his comedy career on a dare from a friend while in Detroit. Also, many of the jokes and topics—focusing on the differences between men and women—he used in his routine were transferred to his character in Home Improvement.
2. During Home Improvement’s run, colleges often sent him shirts and sweatshirts to wear on the air, which he did.
3. For one week in November 1994, he had the #1 rated TV show, #1 movie at the box office, and the #1 book on the best seller’s list.
Home Improvement, The Santa Clause, and Don’t Stand Too Close to a Naked Man.
4. “Men are pigs. Too bad we own everything.”
Tim Allen’s personal quote, part of which he used for one of his comedy tours.
5. Tim Allen has nine brothers and sisters.
6. He once paid $2 million for 26 acres in Michigan, just to keep it in its natural, undeveloped state.
7. His favorite class in high school was shop.
8. He was only paid $50,000 for his role as Buzz Lightyear in the original Toy Story.
… But he got $5 million for Toy Story 2.
9. He has starred in four Christmas movies.
10. He’s starring in a new show this fall, ABC’s Last Man Standing.
Tim Allen plays the patriarch of a dysfunctional family, married father of three girls. He’s a “man’s man” who hunts and fishes, just trying to deal with the fact that it’s no longer a man’s world. Last Man Standing premieres Tuesday Oct 11, 8|7c on ABC, where you’ll surely learn even more about Tim Allen.
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at
Sadly, an error occured while sending your feedback. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.