The Chiefs are incredibly bad. Like, really, really terrible. And they showed it today against the Tampa Bay Bucs, losing 38-10 behind a 2-interception, 0-TD effort from Brady Quinn. But they did score one touchdown, and it was weird. Here, in four steps, I’ll teach you how to accomplish the Weirdest Play Ever.
2. Step 1: Block a punt.
3. Step 2: Let the punter get the ball back.
Most of the time in this situation, a punter will fall on the ball or kick it out of the endzone, sacrificing a safety but guaranteeing that the other team won’t score a TD on that play. But Bucs punter Michael Koenen had a better idea.
4. Step 3: Intercept it when that punter tosses an awful punter-pass. Or recover the fumble when he fumbles. This is kind of a hybrid interception-fumble. An interumble.
5. Step 4: Take it back for a touchdown. Dive enthusiastically.
Voila! You just completed the weirdest play ever.
7. Here’s video of the whole bizarre thing:
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯