With a wild-card playoff spot still a distant possibility, the New York Jets’ season was on the line tonight against the lowly Tennessee Titans. At 4-9, Tennessee is one of the league’s worst teams, and their defense is near the bottom in points allowed. Should be a cinch for the Jets, right? Right?
Well, Mark Sanchez went ahead and threw three interceptions. But! Then he got a shot at redemption. Down by 4, the Jets drove into Tennessee territory with about two minutes left….only for Sanchez to throw his fourth interception of the day. At that point, it seemed completely over…but! New York stopped the Titans in four downs and forced a punt, which the Titans punter shanked. All of a sudden, Sanchez had the ball at the Tennessee 25-yard line and 47 seconds to go. Time to cook some of that legendary Sanchez Stew.
3. Then this happened.
That’s it. A fumbled snap. That’s the Jets’ season, ending in one mangled play.
5. Calling the game for Monday Night Football, Mike Tirico said, “That’s the way this game should end, the way the Jets’ season should end: ugly, and a loss.”
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰