With a wild-card playoff spot still a distant possibility, the New York Jets’ season was on the line tonight against the lowly Tennessee Titans. At 4-9, Tennessee is one of the league’s worst teams, and their defense is near the bottom in points allowed. Should be a cinch for the Jets, right? Right?
Well, Mark Sanchez went ahead and threw three interceptions. But! Then he got a shot at redemption. Down by 4, the Jets drove into Tennessee territory with about two minutes left….only for Sanchez to throw his fourth interception of the day. At that point, it seemed completely over…but! New York stopped the Titans in four downs and forced a punt, which the Titans punter shanked. All of a sudden, Sanchez had the ball at the Tennessee 25-yard line and 47 seconds to go. Time to cook some of that legendary Sanchez Stew.
3. Then this happened.
That’s it. A fumbled snap. That’s the Jets’ season, ending in one mangled play.
5. Calling the game for Monday Night Football, Mike Tirico said, “That’s the way this game should end, the way the Jets’ season should end: ugly, and a loss.”
- Swedes are confused after Trump talked about a nonexistent incident in Sweden during his rally in Florida 🇸🇪🙃
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."