1. Today, the Dolphins beat the Seahawks in Miami. But something weird happened. Toward the end of the third quarter, in the middle of play… the sprinklers went on.
2. That’s right: the Dolphins can’t control their sprinkler system. This is an NFL team, I swear.
3. Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill took the break as an opportunity to drink from a water bottle. He should’ve put his mouth on the sprinkler.
4. Pete Carroll was pissed, but Pete Caroll’s pretty much always pissed, so that’s not really notable.
5. Eventually, the sprinklers stopped. Play continued. But the Day Of The Sprinklers will never be forgotten.
6. Here’s video of the whole thing.
7. And for reference, here’s the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial in which sprinklers change the outcome of a game. Coincidence? WE’LL NEVER KNOW.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer dodged multiple questions at today's White House briefing on Donald Trump's false claim that millions of illegal immigrants voted in the election.
- White supremacist Richard Spencer rented space in Alexandria, Virginia, that he intends to use as a hub for the alt-right, sparking outrage and complaints from neighbors.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.