1. Late in Sunday’s Thunder-Clippers game, the Clips were mounting a furious comeback when Serge Ibaka decided it would be prudent to punch Blake Griffin in the nuts. Like, really hit him, hard. With his fist.
2. Ibaka was called for a flagrant but wasn’t ejected, even though he should’ve been, because he punched another player in the nuts. The Thunder held on to win, adding insult to already-insulting injury for Griffin.
Ibaka denied intentionally hurting Griffin: “He hit my hands away. He’s strong, so when he grabs you, your jersey or whatever, and you try to defend yourself and rebound. So maybe you can do some move, not to hurt, just to get good position. But then something happens where you get hurt in the paint. It’s not anything where I want to try to hurt him. I’m not that kind of person. I just try to play hard, and that’s it. “If you can see the replay, you can see he grabbed my jersey first so I wanted to try to defend myself. Not to hurt him.”
3. Poor guy.
- Today's the final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- Plotters of Turkey's failed coup were unhappy with the government's attempt to make peace with Kurdish separatist rebels, a document obtained by BuzzFeed News shows.
- Amazon's in its Prime. The company's profit rose 831% this quarter thanks to its growing cloud computing business ☁️💸