1. The first came a few minutes into the second quarter. Griffin winds up and bombs the pass downfield to a wide-open Aldrick Robinson.
2. RGIII releases the ball from his own 42-yard-line.
3. And it’s caught two or three yards into the end zone, meaning that the pass traveled about 60 yards in the air.
4. Here’s video of the play, which put Washington up 14-3.
5. But Griffin wasn’t done. With five minutes to go in the third and an 11-point lead, RGIII eludes a few pass rushers and barely winds up, chucking it downfield.
6. Griffin releases the ball from his 32-yard-line.
7. And it’s caught by Santana Moss on the Eagles’ 6-yard-line, then run in for a touchdown. That’s an astonishing 62 yards in the air.
8. That TD — the third of Griffin’s four scores on the day — put Washington up 24-6, and they never looked back.
RGIII’s line for the day? 14/15 for 200 yards and 4 touchdowns, plus 84 rushing yards on 12 carries. That’s basically perfect.
- The State Department has faulted Hillary Clinton for breaking email rules and failing to manage cybersecurity risks as Secretary of State.
- 11 states are suing the Obama administration for telling schools to let trans students use the bathroom of their choice.
- Protests outside a Donald Trump rally in New Mexico turned violent Tuesday night as demonstrators threw rocks and bottles at police officers.