1. The first came a few minutes into the second quarter. Griffin winds up and bombs the pass downfield to a wide-open Aldrick Robinson.
2. RGIII releases the ball from his own 42-yard-line.
3. And it’s caught two or three yards into the end zone, meaning that the pass traveled about 60 yards in the air.
4. Here’s video of the play, which put Washington up 14-3.
5. But Griffin wasn’t done. With five minutes to go in the third and an 11-point lead, RGIII eludes a few pass rushers and barely winds up, chucking it downfield.
6. Griffin releases the ball from his 32-yard-line.
7. And it’s caught by Santana Moss on the Eagles’ 6-yard-line, then run in for a touchdown. That’s an astonishing 62 yards in the air.
8. That TD — the third of Griffin’s four scores on the day — put Washington up 24-6, and they never looked back.
RGIII’s line for the day? 14/15 for 200 yards and 4 touchdowns, plus 84 rushing yards on 12 carries. That’s basically perfect.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Mark Zuckerberg denied rumors that he might run for president, telling BuzzFeed News, "I'm focused on building our community at Facebook."
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer at today's White House briefing defended Trump's claim that millions of people voted illegally—but he cited a debunked study.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬