1. In the 9th inning of Wednesday’s Padres-Braves game, the Braves had a man on and no outs. Then this happened.
2. Logan Forsythe booted the grounder — and Everth Cabrera burst in, fielded the deflection in the air, spun, and threw out the hitter.
3. The best part is how you can see Cabrera change his goal from covering second to fielding the ball. It’s an incredible adjustment on the fly.
4. San Diego held on for a whale of a win. Forsythe, you owe Cabrera a beer or something.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.