According to TMZ, Manti Te’o dated a student at St. Mary’s College (a private women’s college located across the street from Notre Dame’s campus) named Alexandra del Pilar following the “death” of Lennay Kekua, who Deadspin revealed to be a hoax. TMZ says that the two dated for two months and broke up recently. (That timeline is what would make this relationship unusual — it would’ve had to have begun during the time that, according to Te’o, he still believed the love of his life to have very recently died of leukemia.) Though there’s no online proof that they were, in fact, dating, a Twitter account under the name Alex del Pilar, featuring a photo of a woman who appears to be the same as the one in the TMZ report, does furnish proof that they at least knew each other.
Thank you @MTeo_5 for my car smelling so good :) http://t.co/dsQfHtMD— Alex del Pilar
Just making sure Manti gets home for the game tomorrow ðŸ‘Œ@chasehounshell http://t.co/Tymbpxz3— Alex del Pilar
4. She also retweeted this Te’o tweet —
Always and forever— Manti Te’o
5. — and mentioned him in this tweet.
A month ago my Grandpa wrote this about @Mteo_5! Who would have known.. ðŸ˜Š http://t.co/7tuBCfZa— Alex del Pilar
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘