According to TMZ, Manti Te’o dated a student at St. Mary’s College (a private women’s college located across the street from Notre Dame’s campus) named Alexandra del Pilar following the “death” of Lennay Kekua, who Deadspin revealed to be a hoax. TMZ says that the two dated for two months and broke up recently. (That timeline is what would make this relationship unusual — it would’ve had to have begun during the time that, according to Te’o, he still believed the love of his life to have very recently died of leukemia.) Though there’s no online proof that they were, in fact, dating, a Twitter account under the name Alex del Pilar, featuring a photo of a woman who appears to be the same as the one in the TMZ report, does furnish proof that they at least knew each other.
Thank you @MTeo_5 for my car smelling so good :) http://t.co/dsQfHtMD— Alex del Pilar
Just making sure Manti gets home for the game tomorrow ðŸ‘Œ@chasehounshell http://t.co/Tymbpxz3— Alex del Pilar
4. She also retweeted this Te’o tweet —
Always and forever— Manti Te’o
5. — and mentioned him in this tweet.
A month ago my Grandpa wrote this about @Mteo_5! Who would have known.. ðŸ˜Š http://t.co/7tuBCfZa— Alex del Pilar
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure 1st-time marchers stick around ✊
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- The Atlanta Falcons are off to the Super Bowl for the 2nd time after defeating the Green Bay Packers 🏈