According to TMZ, Manti Te’o dated a student at St. Mary’s College (a private women’s college located across the street from Notre Dame’s campus) named Alexandra del Pilar following the “death” of Lennay Kekua, who Deadspin revealed to be a hoax. TMZ says that the two dated for two months and broke up recently. (That timeline is what would make this relationship unusual — it would’ve had to have begun during the time that, according to Te’o, he still believed the love of his life to have very recently died of leukemia.) Though there’s no online proof that they were, in fact, dating, a Twitter account under the name Alex del Pilar, featuring a photo of a woman who appears to be the same as the one in the TMZ report, does furnish proof that they at least knew each other.
Thank you @MTeo_5 for my car smelling so good :) http://t.co/dsQfHtMD— Alex del Pilar
Just making sure Manti gets home for the game tomorrow ðŸ‘Œ@chasehounshell http://t.co/Tymbpxz3— Alex del Pilar
4. She also retweeted this Te’o tweet —
Always and forever— Manti Te’o
5. — and mentioned him in this tweet.
A month ago my Grandpa wrote this about @Mteo_5! Who would have known.. ðŸ˜Š http://t.co/7tuBCfZa— Alex del Pilar
- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said he's voting for Hillary Clinton, joining a growing list of top-ranking Republicans who are breaking rank.
- Election forecasts are everywhere these days, but what do they really mean? Here's what they tell us 🔍
- The New York Giants have released kicker Josh Brown after he admitted to abusing his wife in his journal.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️