1. Aly Raisman Instagrammed (Instagrammed? Instagrammed) this photo of her, McKayla Maroney, and Kyla Ross being very not impressed by the fact that the pool was closed.
Of course, this is based off of the raging “McKayla Is Not Impressed” meme that has consumed the world since Maroney’s second-place finish in the vault.
In all seriousness, I’m hugely impressed by Maroney’s good-hearted embrace of the meme. When she scowled upon receiving that silver medal, it made for a great image. But in reality, her reaction showed what it feels like to be a 17-year-old whose greatness everyone has already taken for granted. I think Maroney’s showing a lot of maturity by goofing around with this.
Also, it’s just funny as hell.
2. Oh, and by the way: Mitt? Paul?
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- The turnout at Trump's inaugural concert was much smaller compared to the crowd that showed up for Obama's 2009 celebration.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌