1. Aly Raisman Instagrammed (Instagrammed? Instagrammed) this photo of her, McKayla Maroney, and Kyla Ross being very not impressed by the fact that the pool was closed.
Of course, this is based off of the raging “McKayla Is Not Impressed” meme that has consumed the world since Maroney’s second-place finish in the vault.
In all seriousness, I’m hugely impressed by Maroney’s good-hearted embrace of the meme. When she scowled upon receiving that silver medal, it made for a great image. But in reality, her reaction showed what it feels like to be a 17-year-old whose greatness everyone has already taken for granted. I think Maroney’s showing a lot of maturity by goofing around with this.
Also, it’s just funny as hell.
2. Oh, and by the way: Mitt? Paul?
- One person died and more than 100 others were injured after a commuter train crashed into a New Jersey Transit station in Hoboken.
- Fans of Donald Trump say Bill Clinton's past indiscretions are fair game at the next debate.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.