The Seattle Seahawks beat the Washington Redskins 24-14, and a huge part of that was running back Marshawn Lynch.
Lynch fumbled on the Redskins’ goal line early, but was basically perfect from there on. Over the course of his 20 carries for 132 yards and a touchdown, two plays in particular stood out.
1. Midway through the second quarter, the Seahawks were in the process of trying to rally from 14 down. After faking a handoff, Russell Wilson fumbled the ball away.
2. Then Lynch came flying in, scooping up the ball and taking off downfield.
He managed to turn what could’ve been a turnover into a first down and then some. You could also say this compensated for his earlier fumble.
3. Here’s video of the play.
It was in the fourth quarter, though, that Lynch really erupted. On a third-and-5, he takes the handoff and sidesteps his own lineman —
— then jukes the brains out of a Redskins linebacker and takes off downfield.
4. With help from Russell Wilson, who sprints downfield to block, Lynch bulldozes his way into the end zone for what would be the game-sealing touchdown.
5. Here’s video of that whole scamper.
6. Next week, Lynch and the Seahawks head to Atlanta to take on the Falcons, with a spot in the NFC Championship at stake. Let’s call it: the Bird Bowl.
- The Pentagon is repealing its ban on transgender people serving openly in the U.S. military.
- Donald Trump secretly listened in on phone calls at his landmark Florida estate Mar-a-Lago, sources tell BuzzFeed News.
- Ready for the U.S. presidential election in November? It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed and you can register here 🇺🇸