1. Lou Piniella spent almost five decades as a player/manager in Major League Baseball. Now, he’s a commentator for the YES Network, and he said this today regarding a recent Toronto Blue Jays - Miami Marlins trade.
The trade, which sent five valuable Miami players, including All-Star Jose Reyes and pitchers Mark Buehrle and Josh Johnson, to the Blue Jays in exchange for five minor players, is widely viewed as a salary dump by the Marlins, selling off their best assets to save money.
3. Lou â€” you clearly know that using the word “rape” is a terrible, insensitive idea here. So just don’t use it!
H/T to Jimmy Traina
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."