1. Lou Piniella spent almost five decades as a player/manager in Major League Baseball. Now, he’s a commentator for the YES Network, and he said this today regarding a recent Toronto Blue Jays - Miami Marlins trade.
The trade, which sent five valuable Miami players, including All-Star Jose Reyes and pitchers Mark Buehrle and Josh Johnson, to the Blue Jays in exchange for five minor players, is widely viewed as a salary dump by the Marlins, selling off their best assets to save money.
3. Lou â€” you clearly know that using the word “rape” is a terrible, insensitive idea here. So just don’t use it!
H/T to Jimmy Traina
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎