1. The Miami Heat are colloquially known as the “Flying Death Machine.” If you’re wondering why, look no further than the GIF below.
Ray Allen hurls the ball from near half court to the leaping Dwyane Wade, who’s too far from the hoop to do much on his own. Instead, D-Wade tosses the ball in front of the rim — as he’s traveling past it, mind you; that’s no small feat on its own — and LeBron’s perfectly set up to finish the double alley-oop. A play like this requires timing, control, and freakish athleticism; fortunately, those are things the Heat have in surplus.
3. Here’s video of the play. The Heat, #2 in the East, are tied with the #1 Knicks 53-53 at halftime.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall on Friday was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.