At the end of the Kings-Pistons game on New Year’s Day, the Kings were down six but had the chance for one last play. Jimmer Fredette got the ball and did… this.
Jimmer: take the contact! Get fouled! Go to the line! Don’t… do… this. I mean, it’s not like this shot could’ve won the game, so maybe he just wanted to end up on the highlight reel or something. At that, he has succeeded.
On the bright side, Jimmer Fredette deserves to be a candidate for Most Improved Player this year, and he’s begun to play much more like he did in college than during his disastrous rookie year. This shot aside.
1. Here’s video of the shot attempt:
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."