At the end of the Kings-Pistons game on New Year’s Day, the Kings were down six but had the chance for one last play. Jimmer Fredette got the ball and did… this.
Jimmer: take the contact! Get fouled! Go to the line! Don’t… do… this. I mean, it’s not like this shot could’ve won the game, so maybe he just wanted to end up on the highlight reel or something. At that, he has succeeded.
On the bright side, Jimmer Fredette deserves to be a candidate for Most Improved Player this year, and he’s begun to play much more like he did in college than during his disastrous rookie year. This shot aside.
1. Here’s video of the shot attempt:
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- The Supreme Court has ruled that UK Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.
- People are backing one of the Women's March organizers after conservative blogs claimed she has deep ties to terrorism.
- You could be consuming fake news on Snapchat Discover. The app is now making publishers fact-check their content 👻