At the end of the Kings-Pistons game on New Year’s Day, the Kings were down six but had the chance for one last play. Jimmer Fredette got the ball and did… this.
Jimmer: take the contact! Get fouled! Go to the line! Don’t… do… this. I mean, it’s not like this shot could’ve won the game, so maybe he just wanted to end up on the highlight reel or something. At that, he has succeeded.
On the bright side, Jimmer Fredette deserves to be a candidate for Most Improved Player this year, and he’s begun to play much more like he did in college than during his disastrous rookie year. This shot aside.
1. Here’s video of the shot attempt:
- A draft of a plan to repeal Obamacare was released that'll block federal funds from Planned Parenthood and cut healthcare benefits granted under the law.
- The widow of a Kansas immigrant who was allegedly killed by a white nationalist demanded answers from the government about stopping hate crimes in the US.
- Time to change your passwords: Uber and Fitbit are among the millions of websites that may have been compromised 🔐
- A billboard in North Carolina that claims "Real men provide. Real women appreciate it," has sparked controversy across the country 👀