1. See that guy with the three-goggles on? That’s Jeremy Lin.
You might remember Jeremy. As a member of the Houston Rockets, the sometimes-great, sometimes-confusingly-bad 8th-place squad in the Western Conference, Lin has been up and down this year, but lately he’s been starting to hit a stride: in his last five games, he’s averaging 17 points and 7.6 assists with only 3.2 turnovers, and his percentages are way up, at 53% from the field and 50% from three.
Tuesday night, Lin and the Rockets basically reached peak offense. The team tied an NBA record with 23 three-pointers against the Golden State Warriors en route to a 140-109 win — 140 points!
2. Lin had nine assists, including this one, and when he wasn’t #DROPPING #DIMES —
3. — he was getting that money on his own.
4. Lin was 5-8 from long-range, including this one, the previous one, and —
5. — this nice little corner number, which led to —
6. — a damn fine three-monocle. FANCY J-LIN.
7. And when Donatas Motiejunas drained the team’s 23rd, record-tying three, Lin — on the bench with James Harden as the reserves wrapped things up — stunted like a pro peerleader.
8. Linsanity may be over, but Jeremy Lin is forever.
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, a BuzzFeed News investigation reveals.
- French towns are continuing to enforce a ban on Muslim women wearing the burkini despite the country's highest administrative court ruling the ban illegal.
- Donald Trump says the shooting of NBA star Dwyane Wade's cousin is evidence of high crime rates he believes will boost his support among black people in November's election.