Rutgers athletic director Tim Pernetti recently resigned after the world found out he’d retained coach Mike Rice after being were presented video evidence of Rice physically and verbally abusing his players. Turns out, though, that Pernetti didn’t leave Rutgers without a nice little package to see him off.
3. Read that again. $1.2 million severance: OK, fine, contracts, all right. Health insurance and a car allowance? Business is business. But… an iPad? What?
4. (Artist’s rendering of Pernetti, right, with his new iPad, that he got in exchange for letting coach Rice, left, throw basketballs at teenagers’ groins.)
5. So, what have we learned? If you allow this:
9. and this to happen under your watch:
10. Then you will win a free iPad.
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."