Rutgers athletic director Tim Pernetti recently resigned after the world found out he’d retained coach Mike Rice after being were presented video evidence of Rice physically and verbally abusing his players. Turns out, though, that Pernetti didn’t leave Rutgers without a nice little package to see him off.
3. Read that again. $1.2 million severance: OK, fine, contracts, all right. Health insurance and a car allowance? Business is business. But… an iPad? What?
4. (Artist’s rendering of Pernetti, right, with his new iPad, that he got in exchange for letting coach Rice, left, throw basketballs at teenagers’ groins.)
5. So, what have we learned? If you allow this:
9. and this to happen under your watch:
10. Then you will win a free iPad.
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure 1st-time marchers stick around ✊
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- The Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again after crushing the Steelers. They'll play the Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈