1. Roddick took the first set in a tiebreaker and lost the second set in a tiebreaker. Del Potro steamrolled the last two, 6-2, 6-4.
2. Roddick is the last American to win a Grand Slam event — he won the U.S. Open in 2003.
3. He’s also reached four other Grand Slam finals: Wimbledon in 2004, 2005, and 2009, and the U.S. Open in 2006. Roger Federer beat him each time.
4. Roddick’s also the most recent tennis #1 not named Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, or Novak Djokovic; he held the honor from 11/3/03 to 2/1/04.
5. Here, he exchanges words with del Potro, who will advance to face Djokovic in the quarterfinals.
6. In the stands, Roddick’s wife, model Brooklyn Decker, looked on.
7. She was sad.
8. Happy trails, Andy Roddick.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- At least 13 people were killed and 31 others injured when a tour bus crashed into a semi-trailer near Palm Springs, California Sunday.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.