1. Roddick took the first set in a tiebreaker and lost the second set in a tiebreaker. Del Potro steamrolled the last two, 6-2, 6-4.
2. Roddick is the last American to win a Grand Slam event — he won the U.S. Open in 2003.
3. He’s also reached four other Grand Slam finals: Wimbledon in 2004, 2005, and 2009, and the U.S. Open in 2006. Roger Federer beat him each time.
4. Roddick’s also the most recent tennis #1 not named Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, or Novak Djokovic; he held the honor from 11/3/03 to 2/1/04.
5. Here, he exchanges words with del Potro, who will advance to face Djokovic in the quarterfinals.
6. In the stands, Roddick’s wife, model Brooklyn Decker, looked on.
7. She was sad.
8. Happy trails, Andy Roddick.
- Scott Pruitt, Donald Trump's pick to lead the EPA, refused to say at his confirmation hearing if he would recuse himself from lawsuits he filed against the EPA.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gasses are to blame ♨️️🌍
- President Obama commuted Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for giving classified documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom.