1. Roddick took the first set in a tiebreaker and lost the second set in a tiebreaker. Del Potro steamrolled the last two, 6-2, 6-4.
2. Roddick is the last American to win a Grand Slam event — he won the U.S. Open in 2003.
3. He’s also reached four other Grand Slam finals: Wimbledon in 2004, 2005, and 2009, and the U.S. Open in 2006. Roger Federer beat him each time.
4. Roddick’s also the most recent tennis #1 not named Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, or Novak Djokovic; he held the honor from 11/3/03 to 2/1/04.
5. Here, he exchanges words with del Potro, who will advance to face Djokovic in the quarterfinals.
6. In the stands, Roddick’s wife, model Brooklyn Decker, looked on.
7. She was sad.
8. Happy trails, Andy Roddick.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳