In Monday’s Nuggets-Grizzlies game, Denver led by two when Zach Randolph put up a shot. It bounced off the rim and, in the process of rebounding it, Kenneth Faried was fouled by Tony Allen.
2. As Allen stumbled over Faried, he reached out and pulled on Faried’s long hair. That resulted in a technical — and three free throws total — for the Grizz.
3. A closer look complicates what happened. It kind of looks like Allen’s hand just got caught in Faried’s hair? But it also kind of looks like he yanked it? Either way, Faried was not happy.
4. Here’s video of the whole altercation. Bad form, Tony. Unless it was an accident. Then that’s OK. (The Nuggets would go on to win the game, dealing Memphis only their second loss of the season.)
5. The Allen-Faried hair-pulling incident comes only a day after John Phillips tackled Josh Cribbs by his hair. There isn’t a lot of ambiguity here: he definitely tackles him by his hair.
Phillips earned himself a 15-yard horse-collar-tackle penalty, but the Cowboys still won the game.
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Donald Trump's pick for health secretary, Tom Price, refused to say at his confirmation hearing whether or not he would cut Medicare and Medicaid.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺