1. In Sunday’s Reds loss to the Cardinals, Matt Carpenter hit what looked like a routine out right to Joey Votto. Joey Votto did not decide to make it routine.
2. Instead, Votto plucked it off the ground with his glove, transferred it to his throwing hand, and tossed it around his back to pitcher Mat Latos, who came to cover the bag.
3. Check that out again. When I try to throw behind my back, I’m lucky if goes in the same hemisphere I aimed at; Votto’s toss is perfectly placed.
4. After grabbing it barehanded, Latos holds it up as if to say, “Yeah, I can’t believe this happened either.”
5. How did Votto respond? NO BIG, SON. Let’s get on with this game, I’ve got impossibilities to render real.
- A Pro-Trump site is showing that with a big Facebook page and catchy headlines, you can have almost zero content and still make money.
- North Korea has arrested a third American citizen amid a dramatic escalation in tensions with the United States.
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- Tim Hortons, Canada's biggest coffee chain, is opening its first UK store next month ahead of a rollout across the country 🍩