1. In Sunday’s Reds loss to the Cardinals, Matt Carpenter hit what looked like a routine out right to Joey Votto. Joey Votto did not decide to make it routine.
2. Instead, Votto plucked it off the ground with his glove, transferred it to his throwing hand, and tossed it around his back to pitcher Mat Latos, who came to cover the bag.
3. Check that out again. When I try to throw behind my back, I’m lucky if goes in the same hemisphere I aimed at; Votto’s toss is perfectly placed.
4. After grabbing it barehanded, Latos holds it up as if to say, “Yeah, I can’t believe this happened either.”
5. How did Votto respond? NO BIG, SON. Let’s get on with this game, I’ve got impossibilities to render real.
- Speaking on Tuesday, German leader Angela Merkel said the UK can't expect to keep privileges once it leaves the EU.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸
- House Republicans have released an 800-page report on the 2012 Benghazi attacks that killed 4 Americans.