At this point, it’s no secret that Tim Tebow, who “played” his last game as a New York Jet last Sunday — 0 carries, 0 passes — was a complete disaster this season. But it still might surprise you to see how much he cost the Jets relative to how little he produced. The salaries of most backup quarterbacks can be reconciled by the fact that their coaches trust them to take over in the case of the starter’s injury; because the Jets’ staff showed that they did not trust Tebow to do that, you have to judge the situation based on what he did when he did appear briefly for the Jets in special circumstances. It is, apparently, all they were paying him for. (Tebow cost New York $3.6 million this year: $1.6 million paid to Tebow, $2 million payout to the Broncos.)
3. $300,000 per game.
Tebow played in 12 games this season.
4. $25,531.91 per yard gained.
141 total yards.
5. $35,294.12 per carry.
6. $450,000 per pass attempt.
Eight pass attempts on the year. EIGHT. IN 12 GAMES. HE’S A QUARTERBACK.
7. $81,818.18 per use of the word “Exciting” during introductory press conference.
He said some variation of the word “exciting” 44 times.
8. $900,000 per win.
The Jets won six games this year, but Tebow only played in four of them.
9. $Infinity per start at quarterback.
$3,600,000 divided by 0.
All stats via Pro-Football-Reference.com
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers in the evening brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 28.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the massive Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight" 🙊
- The trans sister of a Trump inauguration singer must be allowed to use the restroom that fits her gender ID, a judge ruled.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝