1. Denmark was knocked out of the Euro 2012 tournament on Sunday by Germany. But forward Nicklas Bendtner, one of the team’s best players, should feel the effects of the tournament for a while.
Bendtner was fined $126,000 by UEFA for “improper conduct.” Only 24, Bendtner plays for Arsenal in the English Premier League, though he spent last season in Sunderland on loan. Regardless of how much money he makes, that’s a hefty fine, particularly considering the other indiscretions that UEFA could be worrying about during this tournament — you know, racism, nations fighting each other, etc.
2. For Bendtner’s beneft, I thought of some worthier/more lucrative ways he could put this real estate to use in the future.
- Charlotte police will release video of Keith Lamont Scott's death today, the police chief says.
- Gennifer Flowers, who had an affair with Bill Clinton in the 80s, plans to attend Monday's debate as Trump's guest, her assistant said.
- The National Museum of African American History and Culture has officially opened in Washington, DC.