1. Denmark was knocked out of the Euro 2012 tournament on Sunday by Germany. But forward Nicklas Bendtner, one of the team’s best players, should feel the effects of the tournament for a while.
Bendtner was fined $126,000 by UEFA for “improper conduct.” Only 24, Bendtner plays for Arsenal in the English Premier League, though he spent last season in Sunderland on loan. Regardless of how much money he makes, that’s a hefty fine, particularly considering the other indiscretions that UEFA could be worrying about during this tournament — you know, racism, nations fighting each other, etc.
2. For Bendtner’s beneft, I thought of some worthier/more lucrative ways he could put this real estate to use in the future.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- The crowd at Trump's inaugural concert was noticeably smaller compared to Obama's 2009 turnout.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰