1. Denmark was knocked out of the Euro 2012 tournament on Sunday by Germany. But forward Nicklas Bendtner, one of the team’s best players, should feel the effects of the tournament for a while.
Bendtner was fined $126,000 by UEFA for “improper conduct.” Only 24, Bendtner plays for Arsenal in the English Premier League, though he spent last season in Sunderland on loan. Regardless of how much money he makes, that’s a hefty fine, particularly considering the other indiscretions that UEFA could be worrying about during this tournament — you know, racism, nations fighting each other, etc.
2. For Bendtner’s beneft, I thought of some worthier/more lucrative ways he could put this real estate to use in the future.
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."