1. This is Marshall Henderson.
Marshall Henderson is a shooting guard for the Ole Miss Running Rebels. He leads the SEC in points per game. And, as you can probably tell from the photo above, he’s also a crazy person. (Awesome, but crazy.)
Deadspin’s Tom Ley had a great breakdown of Henderson’s awesomeness earlier this week, but Henderson added to the legend last night during Ole Miss’ home loss to the Kentucky Wildcats.
2. First of all, Henderson’s volcanic intensity was in full effect. The face he makes after taking this offensive foul —
3. — is positively horrifying.
4. Right after he took that charge, the crowd threw something onto the court, and Henderson hurled it right back. (Remember: this is HIS crowd. Ole Miss is at home.)
5. His teammates were like, “Dude. Dude.”
6. Anyway, Henderson’s intensity led to a fascinating little moment with the game’s referees.
Midway through the first half, Kentucky forward Kyle Wiltjer clearly travels before Ole Miss is called for a foul for knocking the ball out of his hands.
7. Unhappy, Henderson picks the ball up, considers slamming it, and instead just places it very forcefully down on the other half of the court.
8. One ref goes to pick up the ball, but the other ref says not so fast. He has a lesson to teach.
9. The second ref makes Henderson go pick up the ball and return it to him on the other side of the court.
10. Look at that little point and beckon. This guy clearly means business.
11. The moral of today’s story, kids? Always hand the ball to the referee.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.