2. First, Kluwe explained what it is, exactly, he does as an NFL punter.
4. Of course, he eventually broached the subject he might be best known for: his outspoken advocacy for LGBT rights and marriage equality.
(He also wore sandals. And a beanie. On national TV.)
The best moment of the interview came when Colbert joined two separate strains of thought: gun control and gay rights.
6. Colbert jokingly asks if gay people should be allowed to own guns. Kluwe says as a rejoinder, well, if people in pride parades were carrying AR-15s —
7. Colbert’s response: “I wouldn’t throw rocks at a pride parade! I’d throw glitter!”
- Refugee families are being torn apart by British bureaucracy. Processing delays and bureaucratic barriers are separating families by thousands of miles.
- Seventeen people died in a fire at a makeshift nursing home near Ukraine's capital Kiev on Sunday.
- At least four people died and 49 others were injured in shootings during a violent Memorial Day weekend in Chicago.