Here are some of the craziest stats from Chelsea’s super-improbable upset of Barcelona in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal:
1. Barcelona had 24 shots; Chelsea had 4.
2. Barcelona had 8 corner kicks; Chelsea had 1.
3. Barcelona controlled the ball for 79% of the game.
4. Barcelona’s Victor Valdes made no saves; Chelsea’s Petr Cech made 6.
And last but not least:
5. Barcelona scored 0 goals; Chelsea scored 1.
3. And here it is:
Now, Chelsea’s task will be to avoid a two-goals-or-greater loss to Barcelona in Barcelona. Certainly no given, if this game is any indication — Barca could have easily won 4-0. But they didn’t.
- Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz will step down at the end of the party's convention amid an email controversy.
- Russia won't be banned from the Rio Olympics but its athletes need to pass new anti-doping tests to compete, the IOC ruled.
- Chris Froome has won the Tour de France. He's the first Brit to win the cycling race three times 🚴