1. The Carolina Panthers had already taken a 16-0 lead over the conference-leading Atlanta Falcons when Cam Newton decided to step things up a notch.
2. On a designed running play, the Panthers’ super-athletic QB takes off, heading for the sideline.
3. Newton manages to turn the corner and outrun the Falcons defense. Remember: he’s a quarterback, and he still runs like this.
4. With 20 yards to go, Cam leaves the last three defenders in a heap and dives into the end zone, finishing a 72-yard run.
5. I mean, that flip is the coolest.
6. And there it is: the Superman reveal. Goodnight, Atlanta.
7. Here’s the whole thing in one long GIF. Newton ended the day with 403 yards and 3 touchdowns rushing and passing.
8. Check out the video below, made even better by Gus Johnson’s hyperactive commentary.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Trump supporters haranguing the press at rallies has become routine. Now, the alt-right has adopted an old Nazi term to describe reporters.
- Jay Z is holding a concert for Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing a group she's struggled to excite: black voters. 🎤
- Girl Scout cookies for breakfast: General Mills says a cereal will be released in January 😋