1. This is Stevie Johnson. Cool shirt, Stevie.
2. Living up to the words on his shirt, Johnson, a wide receiver for the Buffalo Bills, tweeted this, regarding the news that North Korea is threatening a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the United States.
Foxboro, Mass. is, of course, the home of the New England Patriots, the Bills’ heated and hated and superior rivals.
3. #BillsMafia has a lot in common with the war room in Dr. Strangelove. ANYWAY, people weren’t totally on-board with Johnson’s sense of humor, as exemplified by this bigoted fellow.
4. Johnson eventually walked his words back a bit with this platitude. “I have respect for EVERYONE! Even people I don’t respect!”
5. But not before getting in this last parting shot. Won’t be live for long, because NUKES MAKE YOU DEAD.
Thanks to Stevie Johnson for bringing new meaning to the phrase “nuclear football.”
H/T to Spike Eskin at CBS Philly.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳