1. This is Stevie Johnson. Cool shirt, Stevie.
2. Living up to the words on his shirt, Johnson, a wide receiver for the Buffalo Bills, tweeted this, regarding the news that North Korea is threatening a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the United States.
Foxboro, Mass. is, of course, the home of the New England Patriots, the Bills’ heated and hated and superior rivals.
3. #BillsMafia has a lot in common with the war room in Dr. Strangelove. ANYWAY, people weren’t totally on-board with Johnson’s sense of humor, as exemplified by this bigoted fellow.
4. Johnson eventually walked his words back a bit with this platitude. “I have respect for EVERYONE! Even people I don’t respect!”
5. But not before getting in this last parting shot. Won’t be live for long, because NUKES MAKE YOU DEAD.
Thanks to Stevie Johnson for bringing new meaning to the phrase “nuclear football.”
H/T to Spike Eskin at CBS Philly.
- Speaking on Tuesday, German leader Angela Merkel said the UK can't expect to keep privileges once it leaves the EU.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸
- Ikea is expected to offer refunds in what's being reported as an unprecedented recall of more than 25 million dressers.