Tax time! What fun. Tax time is even more fun — funner? — for two categories of people:
1. Those with no money
2. Those with a lot of money.
Athletes fall into that second category. In the Sports Business Journal, financial adviser Steve Piascik has some fascinating tax-related tips for those guys, and one of them stood out to us more than the others:
Fines: Some leagues, including the NFL, contribute their fines to charity. This makes them tax deductible. So if an NFL player gets fined for nailing a wide receiver with his helmet, he can deduct the fees associated with this fine.
The NBA and Major League Baseball also donate fines to charity.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- President Obama has ordered a full review of hacking related to the 2016 election. Officials have alleged Russia used the hacks to interfere with the election.
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye has apologized for negligence after lawmakers impeached her over a corruption scandal.
- In dream jobs: Everyone loves a guy on YouTube going around London reviewing chicken shops 🍗