1. Robert Sacre is a rookie center on the L.A. Lakers. He’s only played 19 minutes so far this season, but in a way, that’s good, because it leaves him more time to do what he’s best at: PEERLEADING.
2. Robert Sacre cheers for the Lakers harder than anyone else in the stadium, including the players’ moms.
3. His style’s halfway between tribal ritual and seizure-ish flailing; part of his goal is to work the rest of the bench into a frothing frenzy as well.
4. This one’s great because everyone else stays seated while Sacre goes HAM. Eventually the guy on the opposite end of the bench stands up too; maybe it’s a poles thing?
5. Here, the Nets’ Gerald Wallace is standing in front of Sacre. When he moves, a peerleading angel comes forth.
6. You can picture him saying “HIYA!” over and over.
7. I…I don’t even know!
9. Seriously, he’s just karate-chopping the air like a basketball-playing Bruce Lee.
10. Robert Sacre: a real American hero.
Here’s the video tribute to Sacre’s exploits, soundtracked by Duck Sauce’s “Barbara Streisand,” except with one little difference.
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."