INSTANT POT TURKEY CHILI MAC
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound Kroger Brand Ground Turkey 85/15
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can Kroger Brand Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can Kroger Brand Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 11⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 11⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 8 ounces Kroger Brand Elbow Macaroni, cooked 2 minutes less than package instructions
- Set the Instant Pot to “Saut é” setting and allow pot to heat up. Add the olive oil.
- When hot, add onion, red bell pepper, and garlic. Saute 5–7 minutes, until onions and peppers begin to brown. Add in Kroger Brand Ground Turkey 85/15 and all the spices. Saute for another 3–4 minutes.
- Add in Kroger Brand Diced Tomatoes and Kroger Brand Dark Red Kidney Beans. Stir well.
- Put the cover on the Instant Pot. Be sure the pressure valve is set to “Sealing.” Use the manual setting to set the timer for 18 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, allow pressure to release naturally OR turn pressure valve to “Venting” to release pressure quickly. **Be sure to read all Instant Pot instructions carefully for safety. Be sure Instant Pot is turned off and unplugged before carefully removing the cover.
- While the chili is cooking, make the mac ‘n cheese. In a pot, heat evaporated milk until it begins to simmer. Whisk in cheddar cheese until sauce is smooth, then add macaroni and a 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. Cook for 2–3 more minutes, stirring while mac ‘n cheese bubbles, then remove from heat.
- Stir mac ‘n cheese into the chili and serve, topping each bowl with additional cheese.