Instant Pot® Pot Roast
INSTANT POT® POT ROAST
- 1 (2½ –3 pound) beef chuck roast
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2½ cups Kroger Brand Beef Broth 50% Less Sodium
- 3 tablespoons Kroger Brand Tomato Paste
- 1½ cups Kroger Brand Baby Carrots
- 1 (24-ounce bag) Private Selection™ Red Potatoes
- 1 packet Kroger Brand Onion Soup & Dip Mix
**Special equipment: Instant Pot®
- Season the beef chuck roast generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Set the Instant Pot® to “Sauté” setting and allow pot to heat up. Add the vegetable oil.
- When hot, sear the meat on all sides until very brown. Remove meat from the pot, set aside, and immediately add the onions to the pot. Sauté 2–3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the onions and stir to combine. Cook 1 minute.
- Add the beef broth and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Turn off the Instant Pot®.
- Add baby carrots and red potatoes to the pot. Place the browned beef chuck roast on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle onion soup mix all over the top.
- Put the cover on the Instant Pot®. Be sure the pressure valve is set to “Sealing.” Use the manual setting to set the timer for 90 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, allow pressure to release naturally OR turn pressure valve to “Venting” to release pressure quickly. **Be sure to read all Instant Pot® instructions carefully for safety. Be sure Instant Pot® is turned off and unplugged before carefully removing the cover.
- Gently slice the meat or use a fork to break into bite-sized pieces.
- Serve with the potatoes, carrots, and sauce.