1. If anyone could play you in a movie, who would you pick?
2. Describe your style in three words.
Edgy, fun, cool.
3. What’s the first album you ever bought?
"My driver didn’t recognize me but started to talk about how much he loved Daya."
Back To Black by Amy Winehouse.
4. Craziest fan story?
I was in an Uber in Vegas with some friends and “Don’t Let Me Down” came on. My driver didn’t recognize me but started to talk about how much he loved Daya and how he had a crush on her. My friends definitely egged it on because they were saying stuff like “Yeah, she’s so awesome and pretty, and her voice is so great!” It was hilarious. We never ended up telling him it was me in the car the whole time.
5. What’s the most memorable concert you’ve been to?
Coldplay’s Mylo Xyloto tour was incredible.
6. Which emoji do you use the most?
Probably the three little stars.
7. Last person who texted you?
8. Last book you read?
The Girl on the Train.
9. Who’s your doppelgänger?
Alyson Stoner or Amy Heidemann from Karmin.
10. Favorite reality show?
Anything on the Food Network!
11. Celebrity crush?
12. Can’t live without…?
13. Dream vacation?
14. Best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
“Never half-ass two things – whole ass one thing.” – Ron Swanson
"Believe in yourself, go after your dreams and don’t let anyone put you in a box."
15. What’s your life motto?
Believe in yourself, go after your dreams and don’t let anyone put you in a box.
16. If you could invite five people, living or dead, to a dinner party, who would they be?
Michelle Obama, Drake, Amy Poehler, Kenan Thompson, and Adele.
17. Go-to comfort food?
18. Favorite word?
"I can play the piano upside down."
"Bloody" – I don’t actually say it but I love when it’s used by people in England as slang.
19. What’s your hidden talent?
I can play the piano upside down.
20. What’s your favorite place to go?
New Delhi – I’m actually a quarter-Indian. I’ve only been once but I loved it so much.
21. Biggest fear?
Donald Trump becoming president.
22. What’s your favorite song of 2016 so far?
“Weaker Girl” by Banks.
23. What’s your go-to karaoke song?
“Everytime We Touch” by Cascada.
24. What’s the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to you on stage?
"I was standing there in front of the whole stadium with no idea what to do!"
At Wango Tango in LA earlier this year, I was about to perform “Hide Away” on the main stage and JoJo from KIIS-FM was going to introduce me. I was standing on a portion of the stage that rotates you out, but when I got out to the side facing the crowd, he didn’t realize I was there and ready to go. So he just kept chatting with the crowd – all while I was standing there in front of the whole stadium with no idea what to do! I wasn’t sure if I should just wait or try and go hide behind the DJ booth so nobody would see me. It felt like an eternity, even though it was realistically only a few seconds. But honestly, I thought it was so hilarious after the fact.
25. What is the craziest thing you’ve done?
I went scuba diving at night in Honduras with my family, which is super crazy and scary – and then proceeded to get stung by jellyfish and have to pour vinegar all over my body and pee on myself!
26. What’s your dream collaboration?
Chance the Rapper.
27. What's one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
I’m a classically trained jazz pianist – I’ve been playing since I was 3 years old.