A year ago today, on this blessed day of October 27, the world was forever changed. Taylor Swift released her most iconic album yet, 1989.
Today we celebrate the songs that infiltrated their way into our lives the way music never has before. Here are a just a few ways our lives were forever changed after the 1989 era.
1. Polaroids became a way of life.
2. Most of the chill in the world was lost.
3. Crop tops and red lipstick became a daily staple.
4. A lot of people finally became clean.
5. Squad goals became the only goals that mattered.
6. The cat lady life became the best life.
7. New York gained a hella cool welcome ambassador.
8. Packages from FedEx had a whole new meaning.
9. Taylor Swift became the most Insta-famous person on the planet.
10. A whole lotta new friendships were formed thanks to Secret Sessions, Loft 89, and countless days of Taylurking.
11. The 1989 era became Taylor's most-viewed era on Vevo.
12. Taylor slayed the album charts like they've never been slayed before.
13. And millions of fans made magical memories at The 1989 World Tour.
🎉 🎂 🎈HAPPY BIRTH-TAY, 1989. 🎉 🎂 🎈
Thank you for changing our lives.