22 Heart-Wrenching Quotes From "Me Before You"
"You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible."
1. "Live boldly. Push yourself. Don't settle."
2. "Some mistakes...just have greater consequences than others. But you don't have to let the result of one mistake be the thing that defines you. You, Clark, have the choice not to let that happen."
3. "You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible."
4. "So this is it. You are scored on my heart, Clark. You were from the first day you walked in, with your ridiculous clothes and your bad jokes and your complete inability to ever hide a single thing you felt."
5. "I thought, briefly, that I would never feel as intensely connected to the world, to another human being, as I did at that moment."
6. "I hadn't realized that music could unlock things in you, could transport you to somewhere even the composer hadn't predicted. It left an imprint in the air around you, as if you carried its remnants with you when you went."
7. "I will never, ever regret the things I've done. Because most days, all you have are places in your memory that you can go to."
8. "I just...want to be a man who has been to a concert with a girl in a red dress. Just for a few minutes more."
9. "You're going to feel uncomfortable in your new world for a bit. It always does feel strange to be knocked out of your comfort zone but I hope you feel exhilarated too."
10. "You are pretty much the only thing that makes me want to get up in the morning."
11. "I know we can do this. I know it's not how you would have chosen it, but I know I can make you happy. And all I can say in that you make me... you make me into someone I couldn't even imagine. You make me happy, even when you're awful, I would rather be with you - even the you that you seem to think is diminished - than with anyone else in the world."
12. "I held him close and said nothing, all the while telling him silently that he was loved. Oh, but he was loved."
13. "They say you only really appreciate a garden once you reach a certain age, and I suppose there is a truth in that. It's probably something to do with the great circle of life. There seems to be something miraculous about seeing the relentless optimism of new growth after the bleakness of winter, a kind of joy in the difference every year, the way nature chooses to show off different parts of the garden to its full advantage."
14. "Just live well. Just live."
15. "How could I explain to this girl what Will and I had been to each other,
the way I felt that no person in the world had ever understood me like he did or ever would again? How could she understand that losing him was like having a hole shot straight through me, a painful, constant reminder, an absence I could never fill?"
16. "The thing about being catapulted into a whole new life — or at least, shoved up so hard against someone else's life that you might as well have your face pressed against their window — is that it forces you to rethink your idea of who you are."
17. "I have become a whole new person because of you."
18. "But there, in the inky dark, half drunk from lack of sleep, with the fire and the endless sea and infinite sky, with the sounds of the music in our ears and Will smiling and my heart bursting with something I couldn't quite identify, I just needed to dance."
19. "I would rather be with you — even the you that you seem to think is diminished — than with anyone else in the world."
20. "I don't know what I think. All I know it that most of the time, I would rather be with him than anyone else I know."
21. "I told him a story of two people. Two people who shouldn't have met, and who didn't like each other much when they did, but who found they were the only two people in the world who could possibly have understood each other."