1. This is the WOBO bottle.
The WOBO or world bottle, is basically a brick that holds beer. It was invented by beer brewer Alfred Heineken and Dutch architect John Habraken in 1963 after Heineken’s visit to the Caribbean. The design was a great way to address both recycling issues and housing challenges that the country was facing at the time.
2. The bottle doubles as brick.
When empty, they can be laid horizontally and interlocked in the same manner as ‘brick and mortar’ construction. The initial production run of 100,000 bottles and the subsequent structure (a shed on Heineken’s land) were deemed a success, but weren’t continued due to design concerns (corners and openings could only be made by cutting bottles).
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.