3. After being treated with antidotes, Liu was released from the hospital. Doctors warn, however, that snakes can lie dormant in liquor for months and even years.
Hong Kong’s Next Media reports that in 2009, a man was bitten by a poisonous tiger snake in Hubei after marinating it for 60 days. In 2001, a Guangxi man died when a cobra bit him after sitting in a home brew for a year.
5. Here is a viper wine recipe translated from Baidu, which the home brewers likely followed:
“Catch a viper and keep it in a clean tank for a month without food. Wait until snake expels all excrements. Wash and dry the live viper, then seal it in a fifty-plus proof liquor. This brew is best enjoyed between two and twelve months after marinating.”
- Top legal scholars will be filing the 1st major lawsuit against President Trump's alleged business conflicts on Monday.
- "Welcome to the movement": Women's March on Washington organizers are working tirelessly to make sure 1st-time marchers stick around ✊
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- The Patriots are heading to the Super Bowl yet again after crushing the Steelers. They'll play the Falcons on Feb. 5 🏈