Caramel Apple Mule
2 cocktails, with extra caramel
2 cups sugar
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 green apple, thinly sliced
4 ounces apple juice
1 ounce butterscotch liqueur
2 ounces Ketel One
1. Heat sugar over medium-high heat with a candy thermometer and stir until it completely breaks down to a syrup form. Heat until sugar reaches soft crack temperature (270-290°F/130-140°C). It will be an amber color.
2. Quickly remove from heat and carefully stir in the heavy cream.
3. Carefully dip thin apple slices halfway into caramel and set aside to cool.
4. Pour 1 ounce Ketel One in a glass over ice.
5. Add 1 ounce apple juice, .5 ounces butterscotch liqueur, top with ginger beer, and garnish with a caramel apple slice.