1. Genre-bending dance duo Big Gigantic think preparation is key and substances should be avoided if you want to have a good festival experience.
Dominic Lalli: "Do: Rage!
Don't: Do drugs."
Jeremy Salken: "Do: Your homework.
Don't: Bring bad vibes."
2. Festival-goer Erin wants you to be practical — create a realistic schedule and make a plan for when your phone inevitably dies.
3. Crop tops and a portable phone charger are musts, according to New York-based alt-pop duo ASTR.
Zoe Silverman: "Wear a crop top or bust!"
Adam Pallin: "Portable charger"
4. But they advise against getting too fucked up.
Zoe Silverman: "Don't get too fucked up! Drink water :)"
Adam Pallin: "[Don't do] special K"
5. Echosmith says cool kids remember to wear deodorant.
6. Festival-goer Phil suggests you bring an inflatable animal.
7. English singer-songwriter Charlotte OC thinks everyone should wear sensible shoes and fringe should be banned.
8. Portland-based rockers Priory think a good night's sleep, a paced drinking schedule, and good friends are all you need to have a good time.
9. Festival-goer Kaitlyn suggests bringing a hula hoop to stay occupied between sets.
10. Danish pop star MØ recommends getting drunk and singing along to all your favorite songs.
11. Festival-goers Monique and Stephanie want you to eat good and stay safe, but avoid cliches like crowdsurfing and flower crowns.
Monique: "[Do:] Eat good"
Stephanie: "[Do:] Have a meet up spot if you get separated from friends."
Monique: "[Don't:] Crowd surf"
Stephanie: "No flower crowns."