1. It was January 21, 1996 — the evening of the 53rd Annual Golden Globe Awards. And times were different, friend. Very different.
2. The Friends cast was there, all looking gorgeous.
4. Brad had quite an eventful night. He won Best Supporting Actor for 12 Monkeys, and then thanked Kaopectate, an anti-diarrhea medicine…
5. And, of course, his date. But she was second to the Kaopectate.
7. …and he got a very special thank you when Nicole won Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy for To Die For.
8. Jamie Lee Curtis brought her daughter, Annie, as her date.
9. And Sandra Bullock brought her dad.
10. They sat at a table with Steve Martin and it looked pretty fun, tbh.
11. Mel Gibson goofed off with Jodie Foster after she presented him with Best Director for Braveheart…
12. …but it seems like maybe Mel doesn’t actually understand what a Golden Globe is.
13. Anthony Hopkins, up for Best Actor, wore big ol’ glasses and Laura Linney side-eyed him.
14. Ian McKellen was still impossibly perfect, even though he didn’t win for Richard III.
15. Angela Bassett looked, somehow, exactly the same (i.e. FIRE).
16. She and Kevin Bacon presented together. He was rocking a disheveled Doctor Who look…
17. …and his wife, Kyra Sedgwick, was the picture of elegance.
18. Sharon Stone won Best Actress in a drama for Casino…
19. …and immediately cried.
20. Sean Connery won the Cecil B. DeMille Award and got a standing ovation.
21. The ladies of Sense and Sensibility looked beautiful together…
22. …and when Emma Thompson accepted the Globe for Best Screenplay, she let Jane Austen give the acceptance speech.
23. George Clooney and Noah Wyle repped for ER, though it didn’t win any awards that night.
24. Party of Five, however, won for Best Series (Drama), and Lacey Chabert wore a tiny tux and her hair was not yet full of secrets.
25. And Fran Drescher wore this.
- "I do like him. I love getting his ideas." Donald Trump says he's asked President Obama for advice on cabinet appointments.
- Passenger plane carrying 48 people crashes in Pakistan, was en route to Islamabad. Rescue efforts underway.
- Fake news fools most Americans who read it — and Facebook is a major source, a BuzzFeed News survey has found 📰❌
- An adorable 3-year-old boy proudly covered his kitchen with carrots in the greatest carrot heist of all time 😂👏