31 Products That Embody All Of The Best Parts Of Summer
Nothing screams, "summer is here" like pool floats, shimmery body oil, and chair hammocks.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Statement-making pool floats, because of course we'd start this post with not one, but two! Now you can A) keep your drink with you at all times, B) look freaking adorable, and C) prevent your hair from getting wet*.
2. A custom backyard sign so everyone knows when they enter your patio that this is where they'll find "good food, good people, and good times."
Christina Craft Mind is a family-owned business based in Patchogue, New York, creating personalized, wood-engraved signs. This fun shop has so many other great options, so be sure to check out their entire Etsy page!
3. A shimmery body oil that'll leave behind delicious sparkles on your skin so it literally glows in the sunshine. And truly, what's better than shimmer, sunshine, and sparkles? They're the three pillars of summer!
Promising review: "This has the perfect amount of shimmer and smells amazing! It is a little bit oily, but not too much. I have purchased body lotions with as much shimmer or more that were not oily at all. While this is definitely a shimmer OIL, it is not overly oily and absorbs pretty quickly. Gives a beautiful shimmer and glow!" —Jennifer J.
Get it from Sol de Janeiro for $35 (available in three shades).
4. A crop top that can be worn so many ways, making this the most versatile piece in your closet. Tie it in the front, wrap it to the side. This blank canvas is yours.
5. A paw-activated water fountain to give your pups a refreshing drink of water when it gets extra toasty outside. Pure bliss for them, complete entertainment for you.
Promising review: "We have an enormous, 9-month old German Shepherd puppy, incredibly active, very smart, who loves to play in water. Outside, he'll head for the nearest faucet and beg you to turn on the water. It took him about two minutes to figure out how to use it, and after that he was in heaven. When he'd pretty much soaked the entire patio, we unscrewed the unit, went back into the house with a soggy pup, and listened to him mourn his lost toy for the next 15 minutes. When he's outside now, you'll find him at his fountain, soaking wet." —CMorgan
Get it from Amazon for $65.99.
6. An insulated koozie made just for seltzers and slim beer cans so your drink stays crisp, cool, and refreshing even in the scorching sun. Cheers!
Promising review: "If you like to drink the slim cans, you totally need to pick up one (or two or three!) of these. This was my first Brumate item, so I was very surprised at how durable it was and heavy (in a good way, not heavy in a bad way). It was SO effective here in Florida since it's still hot here even in winter. I love the bright aqua color, and I'm already planning on grabbing a few more. —Sunny Sweet Days
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
7. Or! A glass tumbler if you're tired of drinking your daily iced coffees from a boring ol' glass. This comes with a straw, silicone sleeve (condensation, who??), and fancy lid.
Promising review: "This cup is perfect! The aesthetic is exactly as advertised and the tumbler looks and feels very high quality. It's easy to clean and the lid suctions on nicely so more spills are prevented. I use this everyday for my iced coffee and it keeps it nice and cool throughout the morning. Especially for the price you pay, this cup is a great deal!" —Maddie Bangz
Get it from Amazon for $13.59+ (available in 40 colors/styles).
8. A mini, tabletop fireplace with a chic glass barrier to make dinners and game nights sooo much better. Imagine eating around the table with this lighting up the night — ahh, it's just so quaint.
This darling small business is based in Nashville, Tennessee and sells so many great pieces that would make lovely gifts. Seriously, go check out their entire Etsy page to see all of the wonderful things they're creating at One Man Garage.
You can order this with or without the sand and rocks. The only thing that you will need to purchase separately is the 2.6 oz. gel fuel cans, which you can get from Amazon for $19.83.
9. An adorable new ruffly swimsuit, because cute clothes are the epitome of summer, especially a two-piece option. That's just a fact, I don't make the rules!
Promising review: "Love this suit! I was hesitant because of the ruffles, but I am so happy I rolled the dice and ordered. I am a 36D and I ordered a large and it fit perfectly! I also enjoyed that it was not a halter, but still offered a ton of support." —Kathleen
Get it from Amazon for $17.33+ (available in sizes XS–XL and 24 prints/colors)/
10. And! A pair of cover-up pants with a sheer fabric and ruffle side that'll look absolutely darling with your swimsuits. Go ahead, twirl in this flirty number!
11. A sleek standing cooler featuring a detachable tub, bottle opener, and towel rack for keeping your refreshments chilled during your weekend cookouts.
Promising review: "I wanted a large cooler for entertaining and this cooler works great. It looks great with its stainless steel easy to clean exterior and black lid. It sits nicely on the sturdy base with large easy to roll wheels which make it easy to move around and has a handy tray for supplies. Standing at 35 inches tall makes for a comfortable height to easily reach cold drinks. The cooler can also be lifted off of its base and used by itself, but me and my guests loved that you didn't have to bend over to rummage for a drink. There is a handy bottle cap opener and a place for cap collections. The handles are very sturdy and allow you to easily lift the cooler as needed. I filled with ice and drinks and on the next day there was still a significant amount of ice in the cooler. This item is great for entertaining because it is stylish, practical and looks great. Very happy." —
Get it from The Home Depot for $223.09.
12. An eyeshadow palette literally named "California Love" and packed with warm hues, sunset colors, and gold glitters. Does it get more summery than that?!
Promising review: "Being a beginner with makeup, I was nervous to get a palette with a lot of colors. However, this palette is beautiful. Lots of color, minimum fallout, and it blends beautifully! Will definitely be buying more from Colourpop." —Kaitlyn
Get it from ColourPop for $18.
13. A charcuterie board because your backyard hangs are in dire need of cheese board of this level.
The set includes the four bowls and a matching knife set with four utensils.
Promising review: "It really is beautiful! The packaging is super elegant! The wood is nice and thick. The ceramic dishes are generous in size and four was really enough for the kalamata olives, pickled onions, roasted peppers and black olives. All three cheeses fit nicely in the center. The utensils worked very well and storing them inside was a nice touch. The magnetic closure worked well. Overall, we really liked it, and will use it each time we have an 'appetizer meal.' It is beautiful as well as practical!" —Mona Amer
Get it from Amazon for $55.24.
14. A hammock chair – it was basically designed for you and all your summer reads. Really, this is a match made in heaven.
Promising review: "There is a reason people still hang hammocks from their trees. And this hammock chair is a perfect example! The wood frame is very sturdy, the knots are well done and the fabric is soooooo soft. I'm 150 lbs. and it held me beautifully, like a babe in the womb. And it holds my husband's 200-lb. frame easily as well. The day it was hung I sat in it for hours and even took a little siesta. Heaven! The only problem I have is that now we need another one because my husband and I fight over who gets to sit in it! Fantastic product! Best money I've spent in a long time!" —BN-Katy TX
Get it from Amazon from $43.99+ (available in three colors).
15. A doggy sprinkler pad so your pooch can have some fun in the sun alongside their owner. Hello, how could you not get this for them?!
Promising review: "We're already hitting triple digits in Arizona, and I wish I'd found this wonderful splash pad years ago. Both of our dogs lost their minds with happiness when I set this up. They had a fantastic playtime with both the fountain effect and just tromping around inside the pool. Great way for them to cool off and get some exercise when it's just too hot for their normal trail runs. Reasonably priced with easy setup right out of the box, and it held up very well against their rough play. Seems very durable and looking forward to an entire summer of cool playtime in the desert heat! Highly recommend if your dogs love water, and this would be fun for small children as well!" —Kayce
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in three sizes).
16. Transparent slip-on heels available in tons of fun colors and prints. Will you end up buying multiple pairs? Probably, just look at these stylish stunners. They were made for all your midis, minis, and maxis!
Promising review: "I LOVE THESE SHOES! The fit was amazing and they were beyond comfortable. The material also kind of hugs ur foot so they feel very secure despite not having a back. I got tons of compliments wearing them for my birthday 😁" —Kathryn Desire
Get them from Amazon for $38.99+ (available in sizes 6–12 and 12 colors/prints).
17. A darling straw hat that'll pair *chefs kiss* with your summer '21 swimsuit collection. Sitting by the pool, margarita in hand, soaking up the sun in your cute new hat. Aaaaah.
I just got this hat (selfie to come, I am sure!), and I just feel so fancy and sophisticated in it. Truthfully, I've never owned a good quality hat, but have had my eyes on Gigi Pip for a while. When their summer collection dropped, it was love at first site. I had to have one. This hat goes with everything I own, whether I am laying by the pool or wearing something out to dinner. I just toss my hair into a low messy bun, add this, and it takes my outfit from like a 5 to a 10 real quick. It's worth every penny!
18. A cast-iron fire pit so you can bring camping coziness straight to your backyard. Jokes on everyone, you actually *won't* be leaving your patio this summer.
Promising review: " This is a great value and it was very easy to assemble! We used it recently and found it to be a great addition to our backyard and it helped keep the mosquitoes away! As the weather has gotten colder at nights I’ve been impressed by how sturdy the fire pit is and by the wonderful heat that it provides us!" —Arthur Glauberman
Get it from Amazon for $197.50.
19. A pineapple corer that'll make it an actual fuss-free process to cut up a pineapple...and then use it as a piña colada glass, naturally.
"A pineapple corer. I love pineapple but cutting them up is a pain. I have MS and my hands have tremors so knife work is difficult. The corer manages to cut a pineapple up in a few seconds. Generally I'm against buying a kitchen utensil that only has one purpose but the pineapple corer is the exception. It cuts the pineapple into a giant spiral and you can easily slice into smaller pieces." —tuffylrue
Get it from Amazon for $11.98 (available in four colors).
20. A butterfly bracelet with all of the amazing vibes: Y2K, Kawaii, summer... I want to literally buy every color and wear them all at once.
If you love these, you have to check out the rest of this Etsy shop. INDV Apparel, a small business based in LA, designs super fun accessories and apparel to "promote individuality".
Promising review: "Such a beautiful bracelet!! I got two, one for me and one for my 2 year old who's obsessed with butterflies. Lindsay was SO helpful in helping me pick the right custom bracelet for my baby girl. Thank you so much Lindsay for being so helpful and for quickly answering all my questions! My daughter loves her new bracelet!!" —Nancy Gordillo
21. Outdoor sconces for some modern ~ambience~. Dinner will hereby be located outside on the patio for the remainder of summer. *Bangs gavel*
Promising review: "All we can say is WOW! These lights surpassed our expectations! You could buy other similar lights for a lower price, but these are high quality and worth what we paid. The material is heavy duty, great casing to handle weathering. A breeze to install, we had three lights done within an hour with no issues. The look is modern, clean. Would highly recommend!" —Ruth B.
Get it from Amazon for $72.99 each (available in black and white and two styles).
23. A 21.5-oz goblet glass to drink a michelada the BEST way: With a freakin' beer directly in it.
Make sure you grab some beer holders so your beer stays nice and propped up in the glass!
Promising review: "These are one of the best products we have ever spent money on. They are exactly what we were wanting. They glass is very thick and strong. We press very hard on the edges to smash lime out when making "sloppy" beers and they hold up perfectly. We wet the glasses and place them in the freezer to make them extra cold before use are so cold when we take them out. We couldn't have found a better product and the price was great." —Corgigirl
Get a set of four from Amazon for $35.95.
24. A set of cutie pots you can hang on balcony railings or to create a fun plant wall, or just styled on a shelf. Either way, there will be more fresh flowers headed to your darling garden patio!
The set comes with hangers!
Promising review: "These are so cute!! I made a plant wall out of them and they look great. They are a bit smaller than I was expecting, but all of my flowers fit in them." —Betty Pace
Get a set of eight from Amazon for $24.99 (available in black, white, and multicolor sets).
25. A pretty set of nail wraps that'll elevate your at-home mani to much fancier heights. Just peel, stick, and file and voila! Look at these '70s-inspired beauts:
This darling little biz is based in Florida and sells a variety of nail wrap designs, stickers, and nail tools and accessories.
Promising review: "I wanted to wait to review these nail wraps as they just kept going! I bought these thinking I would be happy if they lasted the weekend... I finally removed them last night after 26 days! I followed the application instructions (swipe nail with nail polish remover beforehand), and finished with a top coat, making sure to cap the tip of the nail too. When wearing these nails, I bathed, I swam, and they still lasted! One set will be enough for two applications for short nails. I would definitely purchase these again!" —Charlotte Wilkinson
26. A matching set emanating pure vacation vibes. IDK where you are going for your next trip, but I *do* know this needs to be in your suitcase.
27. A hot chili and sweet pepper kit — perfect for both full blown garden peeps and those who have yet to keep a snake plant alive. This super fun kit comes with everything you needs to get your colorful garden growing.
Kit includes 6 pots, 6 peat discs, and growing tips to get you started.
Promising review: "I bought a few starter kits from Plant Theater (herbs, funky veggies, edible flowers, and peppers), and really couldn't be happier. I planted the seeds from all of them a week ago, and half of them have already sprouted and are growing well. I'm a newbie gardener (really green, hah, get it?), and the kits were easy and fun with good instructions." —snipe
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
28. Or! A sunflower growing kit so you can enjoy these big beautiful flowers right in your backyard.
Kit includes five biodegradable peat pots, five expandable soil pellets, five plant tags, five full-sized packet varieties, and a grower's guide.
Promising review: "I have never grown sunflowers before in my life. I bought this kit and followed the instructions. I planted five seeds in each provided pot, for a total of 25 seeds planted. Three days after planting, the seeds sprouted. By Day 4, today, the tallest of the seedlings is now over an inch tall. I can't believe it! Of the 25 seeds I planted, 23 have already sprouted, and I think I can see the other two on their way up already. I would definitely recommend this kit for anyone who has wanted to try growing sunflowers but has been afraid to try." —Marie
Get it from Amazon for $22.95.
29. A three-piece bistro set with two chairs and matching table (and glass top!). This boho-meets-modern set is peeerfect for small spaces, so go ahead — utilize that 6x6-foot slab and spend more time outdoors this summer.
Promising review: "Exactly what I was looking for. Construction seems sturdy. Dimensions and style were perfect for the small patio space I was looking to get use out of, and the egg shape of the chairs is very comfortable. I paired them with a seagrass outdoor rug, faux fur chair pads, a beanbag style poof footstool and some boho throw pillows, and love how the space was instantly transformed. I highly recommend this set." —Baby blues
Get it from Amazon for $219.99 (available in three colors).
30. An ice pop mold because if you look up "summer" in the dictionary, there is a requirement listed next to it and it is to make ice pops. Listen, I don't make the rules.
Comes with silicone mold, 50 pop sticks and baggies, funnel, and recipe book.
Promising review: "I’m loving this ice pop mold. I’ve made so many delicious ice cream bars and frozen fruit bars. I eat totally keto so store bought options are limited and expensive. This is a total game changer. My family loves everything I make with this thing and I can feel good about giving them pure whole ingredients without a ton of sugar and additives. Bonus: it comes with a recipe book. It has already paid for itself with the money I’ve saved." —Bridgette Camarena
Get it from Amazon for $21.99.
31. And a pair of high-waisted denim mom shorts for the tanks, tees, and button-ups all itching to make their way out of storage. SUMMER HAS ARRIVED!
Promising review: "Y’all, I’ve been looking for a pair of elastic denim shorts for ages, and I finally found a great pair. These shorts are perfect! I look like a total '90s mom in these and I love it. They’re long enough so my butt doesn’t hang out or eat them, which tends to happen. Obsessed with these shorts." —D
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in women's sizes XS–XL and in five washes).