32 Things To Help Transform Your Home Into The Ultimate Staycation Destination
Because you deserve to relax, even if you don't have a trip booked.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A hypoallergenic microfiber bed sheet set that comes with a flat sheet, fitted sheet, and two pillowcases to give your bed that 5-star hotel feel — perfect for spending the whole day in bed and rewatching every Harry Potter movie for the 20th time.
Plus, they have over 150,000 5-star reviews! ⭐
Promising review: "I love these sheets! My husband and I just bought a new bed, and I'm really picky about the sheets we use. I like them so much, I'm planning on ordering a few more sets. The price is completely reasonable for King size, which are normally super expensive. I highly recommend them." —Michelle Weber
Get it from Amazon for $32.97+ (available in 11 sizes and 42 colors).
2. A round braided pouf to give your feet a nice place to rest after a long week. It's super stylish and can also double as extra seating when guests are over.
Promising review: "This pouf is perfect for our nursery! Love the color of it, and it is comfy!! I love that it will be easy to move when we aren’t using it or just want it placed somewhere else. It’s also sturdy enough to sit on. Love it!" —Rachel
Get it from Amazon for $69.96 (available in eight colors).
3. An upholstered bed frame with a wingback headboard that'll pull your entire room together and make it look MUCH more sophisticated than that lumpy mattress sitting on a metal frame (looking at... myself). This elevated look will have you mistaking your own room for a boutique hotel.
Promising review: "This frame and headboard are perfect. I absolutely love everything about this. The wings on the side actually help to contain your pillows as well as give it such a unique appearance. My only complaint was the instructions weren’t in the box, but I reached out to the seller and they provided me with the PDF file within 24 hours. This thing is extremely sturdy once it’s all together. If you want a taller headboard (saw some complaints on here about it being short), do away with your box spring. This was well worth the price and I would buy another in a heartbeat." —Ashley
Get it from Amazon for $179.99+ (available in sizes Full–King and five colors).
4. A stylish macrame hammock swing to really complete the shabby chic vibe you've been trying to achieve. Install it in the corner of your bedroom or outside on the porch and it's sure to be your new favorite spot for reading, meditating, sipping coffee in the morning, and more.
Promising review: "Bought one of these...and then bought two more. I have these hanging in my living room, and they are perfect. You can hang them from a single hook or from two separate hooks. The quality is fantastic and the price was great. I'm pretty sure this is the same quality as the swings that cost almost double the price. Go for it. You won't regret it. These are great." —Emily
Get it from Amazon for $47.99.
5. A seashell seat cushion that'll bring the beach vibes inside the house. These vibrant cushions will majorly upgrade both the look and comfort level of your wooden dining chairs.
6. A bedside tray so you can keep your phone, drink, iPad, Switch, or whatever else you need right by your side. No need for unnecessary trips around the house when you're trying to spend your staycation in your favorite place: your bed. Plus, it's a great solution if you don't have much space for a full bedside table.
The tray is meant to adhere to most bed frames or rails with clamps.
Promising review: "I got the white wood shelfie... It is so cute. It's very easy to clamp to the bed frame and holds all your essentials perfectly level. I can tell that it is of high quality due to the thickness and smooth finish of the wood. I am very happy that I chose this one!" —Ocean Blue Diana
7. A rainfall shower system that'll make your bathroom feel like those fancy celebrity ones you used to admire on MTV Cribs. And not only does it look super luxurious, but it can help improve your water pressure too.
The set includes a sleek handheld shower head, a 10-inch stainless steel rain shower head, and a brass shower mixer valve. Air energy technology is used for a consistent powerful rain shower, even in low water pressure showers.
Promising review: "Read reviews and took a shot. Just finished our bathroom redo and the shower experience is wonderful. For the price, this shower system provides the luxury and comfort. No complaints so far. Contractor said slightly complex on install so I probably wouldn’t have been able to do myself. I recommend it though." —MPH
Get it from Amazon for $169.58+ (available in four finishes).
8. Some motorized custom shades for anyone tired of wrestling with the strings on your blinds. Now you can simply press a button or talk to your smart home device when the sun is glaring on your TV and ruining your perfectly planned bingeing session.
The blackout shades can be controlled via a remote or your Alexa or Google Assistant device.
Promising review: "While a bit spendy, these blinds are great! The customer service is impeccable and they are very responsive and were able to work with my poor measuring skills to get me sorted with a new set that only required a motor swap! After doing it twice because I put the reset button the wrong way I'm back installed and they work great!!!! Thank you!!" —Johnny X.
Get them from Amazon for $173.99+ (available in eight colors; all orders are custom sized).
9. An LED twinkle light curtain to give a cozy, illuminating warmth to any room in your home and set the ~mood~ for a perfect evening of relaxation.
Plug it into an outlet, and the 300 warm LEDs will make your wall or window glow. Oh, and they have eight different mode settings for a nice, cozy twinkle. They're even waterproof so you can use them outside!
Promising review: "Perfect for my small apartment! These lights added such a cozy touch to my dining room!" —Brandon Youngman
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in warm white or multicolor).
10. Sleek soap dispensers so you can ditch all the clunky plastic bottles in your bathroom for something more luxe-looking and uniform. Even taking your daily shower will feel like you're staying at a nice resort.
Promising review: "I purchased these to use as shampoo, conditioner, and body wash dispensers. I wanted our shower to look like a spa! They are great quality and many people I know have copied our idea, so they are a hit! Very high quality, the plunger part is always the most important part. These are metal and not plastic, something which seems to be hard to find when looking for dispensers." —Rebecca Morea
Get set of two from Amazon for $13.99.
11. A decorative window film that'll give you some privacy and let a little rainbow light shine into your home. Now you can walk around in your undies during your whole staycation (one of the best perks of not leaving the house) without the fear of your neighbor accidentally catching a glimpse.
Promising review: "I have a weird skinny window in my house where no normal window covering works. People walking on our community trail can see up into our upstairs bathroom when the light is on and it's dark outside. Not a good plan at all. So I used this window film and cut different sized circles and placed then on this window to interrupt the view into the house. Worked perfectly! Very easy to use." —Marsgard
Get it from Amazon for $8.98+ (available in seven sizes).
12. A Casper pillow so your head and neck can get the comfort and support they deserve. You'll be amazed how much your quality of sleep can improve once you invest in good pillows!
The anti-clumping pillow features a cotton cover with a breathable percale weave that allows for ample airflow. It's also removable, so you can throw it in the washer when needed.
Promising review: "I have tried every pillow you can think of... my neck and back always hurt when I wake up. I found myself constantly tossing and turning, never getting a full night's sleep. When you’re a mom sleep is important. I can’t lie, I was extremely hesitant to buy his product! I’m debated between this and another product and ultimately decided to give Casper a shot. BEST DECISION EVER! I find myself always able to get comfortable, never tossing and turning, always sleeping through the night!! It’s the right amount of soft to firm ratio. If you want a good quality pillow give this one a shot. It even has a guarantee! You will not regret it." —Heidi
Get it from Amazon for $58.50+ (available in two sizes and a two-pack).
13. A set of wine aerators so you can pretend that $8 bottle of Moscato is something much fancier. Many reviewers have noted that using the aerator greatly enhanced the taste of their wine, so if you're staycation-ing on a budget, this is a must-have.
Promising review: "These wine aerators are FABULOUS! I do wine demos for different wineries and I don't always have time to let a bottle of wine breathe properly before a demo starts. They greatly enhance the flavor and it makes all the difference in the world. My sales numbers increased greatly. And you can't beat the price!" —AshBash
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $13.95.
14. A robotic vacuum that'll constantly and effortlessly keep the dust and dirt off the floor for you, because when you're trying to have a relaxing staycation the LAST thing you want to do is worry about a messy floor.
This robo vac can easily move between hard floors and low-pile carpets/rugs and can pick up all the accumulated dust, dirt, and hair while you go about your day.
Promising review: "I set it up to go around my house once a day while I'm at work and I have never been disappointed. The amount of cat hair and dirt/dust that it picks up every day is disgusting. I LOVE IT. I couldn't believe that EVERY DAY there is that much dirt on my floor that I would have waited until the weekend to sweep or vacuum up. There is no longer the feeling of little bits of dirt on your feet while walking through the house barefoot. I highly recommend this vacuum for the price and for what we bought it for — to sweep/vacuum our hardwood floors and minimal carpets." —Ally Thomas
Get it from Amazon for $129.99 (available in two colors).
15. A slate and gold brushed stainless-steel serving tray perfect for arranging picturesque desserts or a charcuterie board so you can snack on the couch in style.
16. A Samsung Frame TV for anyone who hates the look of the TV in their living room or bedroom. This will disguise it as beautiful art when you're not watching it, and then get right back to business when it's time to catch up on your shows. You'll get a high-quality picture during TV time AND sophisticated art that'll truly make it feel like you live in a luxury hotel. We love a twofer!
BuzzFeed Shopping writer Mallory Mower has one and says: "This is honest and truly the best splurge I have ever made. It has massively upgraded the look in my living room. My husband loves the photography options and I love all the classical paintings – as someone who loves changing up my decor, being able to update the display images has been so fun. The quality is fantastic while watching movies and TV...but I'm pretty sure I love it as a piece of art in my home even more."
Get it from Amazon for $527.99+ (available in six sizes, six styles, and with or without expert installation).
17. A hand-poured soy candle inspired by the city of Charleston so your senses can take a little vacay — while in the comfort of your home. The candle comes in a cute mini mason jar and has notes of currant, white tea, and florals.
I received this candle as a gift from a friend and it's so lovely! The company is Black woman-owned and the soy candles are hand-poured in North Carolina. The Charleston Sweet Tea scent reminds me of a summer trip I took to Charleston a few years ago with the friend who gifted it. It smells like berries, flowers, and apples. And it's been burning pretty slowly, which is always a plus because I light it almost every day!
Get it from Southern Elegance Candle Co. for $20.
18. Or a soy wax bubble candle that'll look super trendy on your dresser or coffee table, while also giving the space a pleasant aroma. In fact, you might want to buy a few so you're not sad when you light it.
Yui Brooklyn is a small Japanese-owned business based in Brooklyn.
Promising review: "So cute — I'm obsessed. I was worried the candle would melt during shipping (SO HOT lately) but the seller packaged it super well and it arrived still perfectly in shape. Definitely going to buy from her again!" —E B
19. A waterproof bamboo bathtub tray so you can have a convenient place to put your book, candle, and glass of rosé while you enjoy a nice soak — because is it even a staycation if you don't spend hours in the tub in the middle of the day?
This tray adjusts up to 44 inches long to fit most standard tubs. It includes a built-in cup holder, phone holder, book/tablet support that can easily fold down, and a safety slot for your wine glass.
I actually bought this for my mom for Christmas, but while I was home I'm pretty sure I used it more than she did! This is everything you need to take your bubble bath to the next level. It securely holds my wine, props my book up for me, and has slots for my candles, beauty products, and phone. I never took super long baths before using this, but this thing made it one of my fave relaxing activities for the week. If I didn't live in a NYC apartment with a very tiny tub, I would 100% buy another one for myself. I'm dreaming of the day that I have a house or apartment with an amazing bathtub just so I can buy one for myself and use it all the time. If you're a bath person, you need this.
Get it from Amazon for $36.99+ (available in three colors).
20. A Tuft & Needle cooling adaptive foam mattress because no staycation is complete without an extra comfy place to sleep at night. It was designed to provide pressure relief to spots like the hips and shoulders and it's super breathable.
Promising review: "The mattress is like a mix between Tempurpedic material and gel which makes it softer than the regular tuft and needle mattress. This mattress has cooling gel that keeps you cool at night and makes the mattress much softer. WE LOVE THIS MATTRESS. The first night sleeping on this mattress, my husband and I woke up the next morning praising the mattress and how well we both slept. We were sick of being woken up every night every time one of us turned over. This bed does not transfer any motion. He is 230 pounds and I don’t feel anything when he turns over." —Rebecca B
Get it from Amazon for $590.75+ (available in sizes Twin–California King and two designs).
21. A Tushy bidet attachment so even your 🍑 can get a 5-star experience. You'll feel fresh and clean, save money on toilet paper, AND it's better the environment. Think of it as a staycation investment that just keeps on giving.
It's designed to install in less than nine minutes, and also doesn't require any electricity.
Promising review: "I am loving my Tushy! It is powerful and so easy to install! Not gonna lie, I wish my sink was on the same wall so I could do the warm water option but it is super effective and definitely wakes you up! I believe this is the best way to keep things happily clean and, coupled with my Squatty Potty, I think this is going to be the year of the happy BM!" —Natalie D.
Get it from Tushy for $99 (originally $129; available in two styles).
22. An Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K so you can easily click between YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, Prime Video, and more. And the best part? If you can't remember what streaming service a particular show is on, just press a button and say to the remote, "Alexa, find The Bold Type." Now that's service! And you deserve to do the absolute *least* when taking those precious vacation days.
When you purchase the Fire TV Stick, you get access to tens of thousands of channels and apps and 500,000+ movies and TV episodes (with thousands included in your Prime membership). You can also use subscriptions to Sling TV, YouTube TV, and others to get live TV, news, and sports.
Getting it set up and ready to go is a DREAM. My TV is mounted on the wall in my small NYC bedroom, and I just had to plug the streaming device into the back of the TV, then into the wall, and connect it to Wi-Fi. It's so small and lightweight that it's just been hanging out there for about two years now and it's never fallen out or had any issues at all. The picture is always great and the remote works fast.
Promising review: "I love the new Fire TV Stick 4K, the picture quality looks great, I love the new remote. It was easy to set up the new remote to my Samsung Smart TV and my Samsung Sound Bar. I use it to watch DirecTV Now and it works flawlessly. I honestly recommend this device." —Jay
Get it from Amazon for $39.99.
23. An LED essential oil diffuser for humidifying your room, making it smell delightful, and providing a beautiful holographic glow that's sure to help you chill out.
Promising review: "I received this as a gift from my grandma. I absolutely would recommend this to anyone who’s looking for a diffuser or even just a cool light fixture in their room. Sometimes when I’m too lazy to fill it up I just turn on the lights. Super easy upkeep!" —peaceinluv
Get it from Urban Outfitters for $65.
24. An elegant handcrafted peace vase so you can keep some fresh flowers on the table or next to your bed. I mean nothing really beats waking up next to fresh flowers.
Jungalow is a Black woman-owned business founded by Justina Blakeney, an artist, designer, and author. The retailer offers an array of handcrafted home goods and original artwork.
Promising review: "So beautiful. Excellent weight and feels like it was made for me. Perfect addition to our little NYC apartment garden." —Samantha M.
Get it from Jungalow for $68 (available in eight colors).
25. A full HD projector for a movie theater experience, whether you're rewatching the Fast and Furious franchise or old episodes of Real Housewives. Create your own home theater indoors or take it outside by the pool for ultimate relaxation. It's even compatible with your smartphone, PS4, Fire TV Stick, and more.
It has 1080P resolution and high brightness levels that can be adjusted for indoor or outdoor use.
Promising review: "I pulled the projector out of the box, plugged in the Fire Stick and the the amp with the aux cable and we were good to go! The picture quality is very good (I’ve been to movie parties with older projectors so I could tell the difference right away). I’m super happy with this projector for the price. The screen it comes with isn’t bad either, it works great if you have something to hang it on. We used it the first night. I would still buy this projector even if you want a bigger screen. It’s worth it for the price price." —Shopaholic
Get it from Amazon for $199.99.
26. A gas fire pit table that'll give your deck or patio a modern look and be the perfect touch to your backyard hangout spot. S'mores anyone??
Promising review: "My favorite purchase for our deck. I LOVE this fire table. Good size, great value compared to what is out there. Packaged nicely. My husband put to together alone in 30–45 mins with no frustration and easy to follow directions. Puts out a decent amount of heat. Enough rocks to adequately cover. Just add your propane tank. I love that it has a lid as well. You will find sturdier fire tables, but not at this price. Excellent value." —Bellium
Get it from Amazon for $239.99.
27. And a wall-mounted electric fireplace to bring that same cozy ambiance inside the house. It has various brightness and flame speed options, as well as 12 color options for the flames and flame bed. It has touch screen buttons and a remote control too, allowing you to customize it while lounging on the couch.
Promising review: "Installation was quick and easy, it's very very slim to the wall profile wise. The heat output is great and it's quiet. It's heating approximately 1000-sq. foot basement to comfortable levels. I was frozen down here, now I just set the fireplace on low and it's 72 degrees. Plus it looks awesome, the remote is easy enough to use. I've had tons of compliments on it." —m.code
Get the 50" fireplace from Amazon for $349.99 (available in five sizes).
28. A eucalyptus lavender pouch you can use to turn your bath or shower into a relaxing spa-like experience. Having eucalyptus in your shower has been super trendy lately because it can help with congestion, seasonal allergies, and de-stressing.
Eucalyptus Blooms is a North Carolina-based, woman-owned business that specializes in eucalyptus bunches designed to freshen up your home.
Promising review: "These smell AMAZING, and they're such a perfect size for the shower. I used to have big bundles of eucalyptus, but they always took up so much space. These are perfectly sized and the blend of eucalyptus and lavender is HEAVENLY." —Maggie
29. A disco ball to turn your space into the ultimate dance party spot — even if it is only you and your dog enjoying said dance party.
30. Some artificial vines to add a touch of lovely greenery to your space. It'll help give your room an ~outdoorsy~ vibe for enhanced relaxation, even if there's a lack of sunlight or you don't have a particular knack for plant parenting.
Promising review: "I decided to make my room very earthy and zen. My room is covered in succulents and faux plants, and... these vines! I’ve bought them three times now and I love them. They are perfect and can be used for anything. The leaves on the vines don’t fall off — unlike other vines I’ve purchased. Perfect for whatever the occasion is, and I’m sure these would be beautiful for wedding decorating or other stuff. Regardless, I highly recommend and will probably buy another pack for my room." —Amei Ayuel
Get a 12-pack from Amazon for $9.99.
31. A reversible shag and sherpa throw blanket that's just as cozy as it is a lovely accent for your couch or bed. I can't even imagine anything better than being wrapped in this bundle of fuzz with some takeout on a day off.
Promising review: "I bought the grey fur blanket and HOLY SMOKES this is the most comfortable blanket I think I’ve ever bought. Was meant to be decor and not really used but I can’t keep it off of me, it’s so soft. I was very surprised by how good of quality it seems, especially for the price. Big enough to cover two people up easily. I’d compare the feeling of the faux fur to something like bunny’s fur, and the sherpa is very soft as well. Has some decent weight to it and I’ve found it to be very warm so far. All in all, good for the money." —Kaylee Morris
Get it from Amazon for $24.99+ (available in four sizes and 38 colors).
32. And a viral LED projection light — it can mimic a sunset, a rainbow, or you can choose whatever ~vibe~ you want from the 16 color options. It has a small, rotatable tripod, making it easy to set up in any room for the ultimate ambiance.
Promising review: "This light is SO much fun! I kept seeing them around the internet but wasn't sure I ~needed~ one... I did! The light has a ton of different settings, is small and compact and holy smokes, it's bright! I was honestly quite surprised how bright it was, even during the day time. The light does get warm so I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it on while I'm not in the same room but it's perfect for turning on in my office while I get some work done!" —Kaylah
Get it from Amazon for $25.99.