30 Budget-Friendly Things To Wear To All Those Weddings You're Invited To This Year
These things will have you feeling like the best-dressed person at the wedding (and no one will know you spent less than $40).
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
Unless otherwise specified, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A crewneck, floral lace knee-length dress that's beyond lovely and will look great with your favorite pumps and a clutch.
2. A flutter-sleeve dress, because it's simple, yet stylish and you can easily wear it again for other occasions.
3. An asymmetric long velvet jacket to layer over your dress during a cooler evening ceremony, without totally ruining your glamorous wedding lewk.
4. A pair of closed-toe ankle-strap block heels that will instantly ~elevate~ any ensemble you decide to go with.
5. A lace peplum top to pair with dress pants, a pencil skirt, or even jeans and heels if it's a more casual wedding.
6. A pair of colorful tights you can wear under your skirt or dress so you can be warm at chilly venues and still look fabulous.
7. A romantic floral maxi dress with a slit and puff sleeves that'll have you feeling like the main character, even though it's not your wedding. (It's okay, the bride doesn't have to know.)
Starbee Inc. is a New Jersey-based Etsy shop that sells dresses and accessories.
Promising review: "Wow wow wow what an amazing process this has been! The dress is absolutely perfect and the seller couldn’t have been more kind in helping me along the way. Not see-through, breathable material, I highly encourage EVERYONE to get a dress from here. It’s so obvious how much the seller cares about the items and their customers. I will 100% be shopping here again, excellent job." —SOPHIA DUFFY
8. A knit sweater dress for you to style up or down however you please. Flats, heels, a jacket, a belt — it'll all look good for a more laid-back wedding.
10. An envelope clutch with a cut-out pattern, gold lining, and detachable chain strap — perfect for adding some personality to your formal look.
11. A pair of strappy kitten heel sandals that come in so many color options, you're going to want at least five pairs. They'll look incredible with any flowy dress for a summery outdoor wedding — and the heel won't get stuck in the grass.
12. A vintage-inspired swing dress for you to add a pearl necklace to and look like an Old Hollywood movie star.
13. A pair of chic paper-bag waist pants that are cute, comfy, and available in tons of colors. And the best part? You'll definitely be able to wear these to work after the wedding.
14. A jacquard trumpet skirt perfect for looking elegant, but still a little sassy. If you're a lover of animal print, this skirt is a classy way to rock it at a wedding.
15. A versatile below-the-knee stretchy pencil skirt you can pair with any fancy top and heels for a killer look, and then restyle it again and again.
16. A set of four pearl-embellished velvet headbands for an easy and chic way to fix a hairstyle that just isn't quite cooperating.
17. A bell-sleeve shift dress you can easily pack up and wear on the beach for a gorgeous destination wedding.
18. A floral lace sleeveless high-low dress that's so cute, it could totally work for a bridesmaid dress!
19. A pair of acrylic drop earrings, because they are versatile, but still make a statement — just the thing for taking a simple ensemble to the next level.
20. Or a pair of tassel drop earrings sure to spice up your look and add a fun, flirty touch.
Promising review: "Extremely pleased! I was skeptical about ordering earrings on Amazon, but with free returns it was worth a shot. These were SO carefully packaged, which would be perfect for a gift. The color is spot on, size is generous, details are beautiful, and the quality rivals any of the popular boutique brands — and you cannot beat the price! So happy I took the chance!" —NCCHIS
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in 28 colors).
21. A sassy high-waisted pleated skirt, because wearing this with any plain blouse will make you instantly wedding-ready. There are so many ways to style this, you won't even mind being an outfit repeater for future occasions.
Promising review: "The skirt is as beautiful as I imagined it would be; it's exactly as pictured. It's very comfortable, and due to the elastic waist band, it's very forgiving as far as fit. It's perfect for work or a casual day out." —Elayne
Get it from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in women's sizes XS–XXL and in 36 colors and patterns).
22. A pack of nine sparkly hair clips that'll automatically jazz up your updo. Sometimes a little bling is all ya need.
23. An off-the-shoulder dress with a scallop hem that's perfect for summer weddings and will definitely have everyone complimenting you at the reception.
Promising review: "I always get nervous when purchasing clothing on Amazon, but was very happy with this purchase. The material is a decent weight and the cut outs at the bottom of the dress are done nicely. I'm 5'5" and the dress hits just above my knees, which is a perfect length. I don't like my clothes tight, so purchased a 3X. It's loose and flowy and hangs just right. Overall, I'm very happy with the dress. I would go a size up depending on your shape and how you like your clothes to hang." —Kathryn Mathewson
Get it from Amazon for $25.99+ (available in sizes 0X–4X and 17 colors/styles).
24. An orange shirt dress for the perfect balance of sexy and sophisticated. This bold color and stylish silhouette will have you strutting to your seat like you're walking in a fashion show.
Beginning Boutique is a woman-owned small business based in Brisbane, Australia.
Get it from Beginning Boutique for $29.99 (originally $59.99; available in sizes 0–12).
26. A pair of elegant, flowy wide-leg pants for a breezy, comfy look that's still 100% fancy enough for a semi-formal wedding.
27. A bohemian-style mini dress perfect for a casual outdoor ceremony. Just add some wedges and a wicker purse and you're good to go.
28. A pair of trendy flatform espadrilles for those who refuse to stumble around in heels. These will look super cute with dresses and skirts, without giving you painful blisters or forcing you to go barefoot on the dance floor.
Promising review: "I have been looking for some new spring/summer sandals and I just received these and they are so incredibly comfortable and super cute! I think I will order them in more colors. The width is perfect on me. I tend to have a wider foot, but not that wide. I ordered a 7.5 and it fits perfectly and I usually wear 7.5 in most shoes/sandals. The color is fabulous too! I ordered gray." —Magical Everyday
Get it from Amazon for $17.60+ (available in sizes 5.5–11 and in 66 colors/prints).