Jilleen Liao took this video of an impromptu rave in NYC’s Tompkin’s Square Park in 2007 but didn’t post it online for a few years. It’s a stunning artifact of what is undoubtedly one of the top two worst raves that ever occured in broad daylight in the year 2007. We’re just lucky she was there at the right moment to capture it.
Here are some of the best moments for your gif pleasure.
2. This witchy woman with a wooden staff:
4. This Gandalf feeling the beat:
6. This ruffian caught in a windstorm:
7. But clearly, the hero of the rave is this unimpressed kid:
- Turkey has become a magnet for violence. The country has suffered 434 terror attacks in the last year.
- Since Britain's vote to leave the EU, a series of xenophobic attacks against minority groups in public and online has stunned the country.
- Ready for the U.S. presidential election in November? It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed and you can register here 🇺🇸