When writer David Thorpe noticed a press release for a Walmart promotion where the winning town gets a visit from Miami rapper Pitbull, he started campaigning over Twitter for people to vote for the Kodiak, Alaska location. The rules of the contest state that the Walmart location with the most new Facebook “Likes” wins a visit from Pitbull.
Does he live in Kodiak? No. He just wants to send Pitbull to the most remote Walmart location possible, just for fun.
Kodiak is an island off the coast of Alaska with a population of only 6,130. It is unknown how many of those are actual Pitbull fans. You can help send him there!
2. Go to the Kodiak, AK Facebook page and hit “Like”:
“I’m excited to find out which local Walmart store has the most new likes so I can share the experience of using Energy Sheets® with my fans,” said Pitbull.
Source: PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1fdYF)
Now get ready to get COLD, Pitbull!
If you haven’t liked the Kodiak Walmart yet, you haven’t pictured Pitbull standing in a river, biting into a raw salmon http://t.co/EhU5eHhf— David Thorpe
Pitbull, frostbitten, forlorn and surrounded by an icy wasteland in all directions, drops to his knees and screams: DAALLEEeee #ExilePitbull— David Thorpe
Pitbull’s beard is flecked with ice, his face rough and windburned. “I am excited to share Energy Sheets with my fans.” #ExilePitbull— David Thorpe
Via Twitter: @Arr
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren went full "nasty" on Trump, saying "nasty women" are going to cast their "nasty votes" on Nov. 8 🙋
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Jay Z is holding a concert for Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing a group she's struggled to excite: black voters. 🎤
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏