2. You THINK American pop is catchy. But that’s only because you haven’t heard enough K-pop.
Enjoy this in your head for the rest of your life!
4. Some K-pop videos are the best movies you’ll ever see.
Seen here is Rain’s dark and dramatic 2006 “I’m Coming,” which you’re going to watch 800 times.
7. That hair! That makeup! Those leather leggings!
If you were dating a member of a K-pop boy band he would never get mad at you for taking a long time to get dressed.
Watch her group in action (and her many excellent boyish outfits) here:
13. K-pop’s girl groups fill the hole in your heart left open by the decline of American girl groups since the late ’90s/early aughts.
Here 2NE1 proves that, yes, they are the best.
16. It’s common for K-pop group standouts to branch out into solo careers without entirely abandoning their original groups.
2NE1’s CL (here in “The Baddest Female,” because she is the baddest female) has a successful solo career, but remains active with the group and plans to tour with them this year. Big Bang’s G-Dragon and T.O.P. have both had solo success but also remain with their band.
18. And sometimes they even make (adorable) music videos together.
21. K-pop knows how to put together a SUPER group.
Girls Generation was formed by S.M. Entertainment after the success of boy band super group Super Junior. In Korea the group is called “So Nyeo Shi Dae,” or SNSD for short.
24. Super Junior has MANY excellent songs/videos to choose from, but “Bonamana” is notable for taking place in a low-ceilinged, dimly lit dance factory/prison.
We’d give you a highlight, but we can’t. The whole video is a highlight.
- The U.S. Justice Department backed Obama's transgender policies in court after Texas and other states sued to block the rules.