Originally posted on Resilient (http://blog.resilientapp.com). I am the original author. :)
These are songs I actually listen to when I have a bad day and recommend for you!
I am thoroughly convinced that Bill Conti's "Gonna Fly Now" (aka the theme song from the Rocky movie) is the best song ever created. I used to play this song very sparingly and only before difficult math tests (I didn't want this amazing song to lose its potency by being overplayed). Every time without fail, this song would lift me up and motivate me like no other, so I invite you to play this song and see if it lights your fire too.
1. "Gonna Fly Now" by Bill Conti
In addition, here are several more songs that are great for people with depression or maybe if you're just having a bad day and need something to lift your spirits. Some are motivational and upbeat while others are a little slower and something to relate to when you're feeling down.
2. “Hold On” by Good Charlotte
3. “Citizen/Soldier” by 3 Doors Down
4. “Demons” by Imagine Dragons
5. “Second Chance” by Shinedown
6. “You Raise Me Up” by Josh Groban
7. “Wonderful” by Everclear
8. “If I Lose Myself” by One Republic
9. “Break Me Out” by The Rescues
10. “Save the World” by The Swedish House Mafia
11. “Hero” by Superchick
12. “Let Me Go” by Avril Lavigne ft. Chad Kroeger
13. “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson
14. “Secrets” by One Republic
And as a bonus, who can forget the amazing "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan? Be sure to watch the music video for extra inspiration and motivation! :)