Breakfast Onion Cups
Here's a video that shows you how to make them:
2 cups broccoli florets, minced
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
5 strips bacon, cooked and diced
1 large red onion
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoon milk
1. Heat oven to 400˚/200˚C.
2. Mix eggs, milk, and spices in large mixing bowl.
3. Add broccoli, bacon, and cheese, and continue mixing until all ingredients are well incorporated.
4. Cut ends off the red onion and then slice in half. Gently pop out rings, using desired size.
5. Heat cast-iron pan on low and place onion rings in the pan.
6. Spoon in small amount of egg mixture and press on the onion ring create a seal, then repeat for all rings. Pour the remaining mixture filling to just about the top of each ring.
7. Cover with foil.
8. Place in oven and cook for 25 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through and slightly puffed and onion rings are tender.
9. Remove from pan immediately and sprinkle with desired topping.