2. After her diagnosis, Iris’ parents looked for activities through which she could effectively express herself.
They also introduced a new friend into Iris’ life. In February 2014, they brought Thula the Maine Coone home, and it was the “beginning of a beautiful new friendship.”
7. Despite her patience and good nature, Thula can be a bit mischievous like any other cat.
She was caught playing with one of Iris’ favorite paintbrushes one afternoon. “Anyone else would’ve been scolded for it, but Iris made an exception for her best friend.”
8. Thula even received a gold star from Iris’ special sticker collection.
Before Thula, Iris’ mother attempted to use the “gold star routine” to reward good behavior. Iris was horrified, though, when a gold star sticker would be removed from the paper. The stickers were stowed away in a safe place until one afternoon when Iris went in and pulled one off the paper, placing it on Thula’s forehead.
- Parents of the suspected Washington mall gunman who killed five people said he "had mental issues."
- And no, people aren't drilling headphone jacks into their new iPhone 7's 📱❌